LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
December 04, 2020, 04:45:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 121519  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nimiq 4  (Read 255 times)
Jefforybroughton

« on: November 12, 2020, 02:15:37 PM »

I see that NIMIQ4 has some radio and tv in the clear but
Uses  circular polarization vs linear polarization like G19,G3C,SE2
ETC.what lnb does one use and can the typical receiver switch
Between right hand and left hand ? Thanks to all who reply.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

"Merry Christmas, Sh**ters Full."

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 09:21:13 PM »

Hello Jefforybroughton!

As far as circular polarization sat's for Ku Band, get the Invacom QPH-031. It has 2 Linear outputs, and 2 Circular outputs.

Go Here for more info:

http://hypermegasat.com/Dish_LNBs.html#invacom%20qph031

And any modern FTA Receiver will switch between Left and Right Circular Polarity, just the same way it would switch between V and H Linear.

Where did you get info that there are ITC channels on this sat (Nimiq 4)?

Curious now!

smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:24:53 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Jefforybroughton

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 09:31:38 AM »

hypermegasat.com
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »

Nimiq 4 at 82W is strong enough here that I can receive its signal using my linear LNB. There is only one non-turbo circular transponder on this satellite which I can scan in. All channels on this tp are encrypted (both video and audio) except for one which has audio only ITC.

Nimiq 6 at 91W is also strong here. Using my linear LNB, this morning I scanned in 16 circular non-turbo transponders with 321 TV channels and 57 Radio channels. Although some audio is ITC on the TV channels, all video is encrypted. There are a few "barker" video channels that are ITC but they are strictly promoting users to buy the pay TV channels.

If worthwhile, I can install an offset circular LNB and possibly receive more transponders but I've never found any ITC video when I did this in past.

Motorized 1.2m dish for 30W to 121W C- and Ku-bands. Can swap between Titanium C1PLL LNBF/CS1 conical scalar for C-band and Avenger universal LNB for Ku-band. Fixed 1m dishes for 30W and experimental Ku. Edision OS Mio+, GeosatPro microHD, Openbox S9, Coolsat 7000 receivers.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: