LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 06 2022 01:55:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help connecting KU and C system  (Read 878 times)
dovetail2

« on: Sep 14 2014 06:31:06 »

Please reply with a drawing, for a KU and C system that  I just completed with two working KU dishes with GeoSat pro Dual standard LNBFs, both motorized,and merged them with a  working 12' C band motorized by VBox mover, with a Ci-pll LNB,  and using a 4 to 1 switch to join them  together and now have no signal strength on either setup.

The LNBs are standard and the receiver is a AZ Box premium plus [ not a clone] which the 22 setting is on for the KU and off for the C.

El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: Sep 14 2014 10:16:29 »

What are using the 22 setting for? Your 4 to 1 switch used DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1 to change the ports. If your lnbs are 'Standard' they would not require the 22 khz setting.  If you are using a 22 khz switch between the C/band and the 2 Ku on a 4x1 switch, most 22 khz switches don't pass the DiSEqC commands. There is one that does made by Ecoda. We need more information on your setup.  E_V

Is this diagram close to what you have? See attached.
« Last Edit: Sep 14 2014 10:26:33 by El_Viejo » Logged

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
dovetail2

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15 2014 05:09:09 »

Yes it is, except, BOTH KU dishes are motored and my C band LNBN is only a C band as the LNB in picture is both KU / C .

I only asked for a drawing because I have trouble understanding it when the diagram is written out.

Are you saying ,when setting receiver to USALS or DiSEqc, set the 22 setting off for both KU and C channels.

I have signal strength ,but zero signal Quality.

My receiver settings for  DiSEqc are now off, so what would I make the setting the same for both KU and C  satellites.
If not ,what would the be?.
logically
Know's FTA

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15 2014 08:23:07 »

Perhaps you need to "Tune" the dishes individually making sure you are getting good signal quality from each dish, and then worry about the switching.
The receiver I  have cannot operate two KU motors.  Hopefully your's can.
From Logically
dovetail2

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15 2014 03:44:43 »

Hyper Help Please. What switches do I need and how are they placed?
Also can I put one motored KU dish on USALS and the 2nd KU dish on DiSEqc.

I have all three motored dishes working great individually on 3 TVs and 3 recievers , but when I merged them to one receiver and one TV,then I lost signal Quality.

Dishman Dan
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15 2014 04:46:50 »

I have all three motored dishes working great individually on 3 TVs and 3 recievers , but when I merged them to one receiver and one TV,then I lost signal Quality.

Sorry but three motorized dishes will not work on one receiver! However a combination of one motorized and numerous non motored dishes is possible. When you use the V Box for your C band dish that acts like a separate receiver but it is just the output that gets tied to whatever switch setup that you choose so that will work along with a motorized Ku dish.
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15 2014 06:18:01 »

dovetail, you should turn on the DiSEqC for each satellite. Example: Ku sat 1, tell the receiver it is on port  1; Ku sat 2, tell the receiver it is on port 2; C/band sat, tell the receiver it is on port 3. Some receivers will see a signal from the lnb without actually seeing a satellite. The level typically increases when you find a satellite. You should NOT need the 22 khz for anything, leave it off. I hope this helps. I am not familiar with your receiver, but there are a lot of similarities between most of them, the difference comes at how you arrive at the needed menu.  DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 are for the switches. DiSEqC 1.2 is for motor control. Advise.  E_V
« Last Edit: Sep 15 2014 06:20:20 by El_Viejo » Logged

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
dovetail2

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15 2014 07:20:40 »

Thanks again:

I  do have a VBox on the C that I control manually.

I will use  the diagram * 3 dish system.jpg (60.77 KB, 854x558 and I  will keep one  Dish fixed by not wiring thru motor and have 2nd  dish  wired thru motor and  use a 4 x 1 DiSEqc , if  it  all works using one receiver and one TV

The reason I use the Geosat dual LNBNs is when I need to make a adjustment, I have a extra input terminal to hook up  my First strike .
El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15 2014 08:53:48 »

Hope you get it worked out.   E_V

E_V
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15 2014 09:52:41 »

Thanks again:

I  do have a VBox on the C that I control manually.

I will use  the diagram * 3 dish system.jpg (60.77 KB, 854x558 and I  will keep one  Dish fixed by not wiring thru motor and have 2nd  dish  wired thru motor and  use a 4 x 1 DiSEqc , if  it  all works using one receiver and one TV

The reason I use the Geosat dual LNBNs is when I need to make a adjustment, I have a extra input terminal to hook up  my First strike .

I think this plan is your best option with the equipment you have. This is how i would do it.

Use the V Box positioner as a stand alone positioner. In other words, not connected to the coax system. You would use the V Box remote to move between C Band satellites.

Then park one of the 2 motorized dishes on whatever satellite you want and make this a fixed dish.

Use the 2nd Ku dish as a motorized dish and the receiver will control and move this dish.

Then all 3 can be tied into the receiver with a 4x1 DiSEqC switch. Make sure to set the ports correctly for each sat.

That diagram El_Viejo posted above should do the trick for you. And if done correctly it will all run (all 3 dish's) on one receiver and on one tv.

That is a good idea to have dual output LNBs for the extra output to hook up your meter! Makes it a lot easier for sure.

Good luck, and let us know once you get it done.

Cool

« Last Edit: Sep 15 2014 09:56:01 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: