LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 03 2022 12:58:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Manhattan DJ-1997 FTA/IP Receiver  (Read 154264 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #15 on: Apr 24 2015 05:45:22 »

Hi cpsp0, i have not tried this yet, but from reading the IPTV section of the manual, you can add or edit the IPTV list using your pc and a simple .txt file. Or, you can manually add a channel using the remote control. You add the channels by adding the appropriate url in the correct format. So according to the manual you can do it. I dont know if it would work for any given url, say a url to a youtube video, etc.., or if it is just url's to IPTV channels. But i will try this feature out soon and report on what i find. If you have a specific example you want me to try let me know the url.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24 2015 06:27:47 »

I was thinking of ESPN3. On the ESPN home page, click on watch and it will bring up a list of different ESPN channels. All of these channels can only be watched with a sub to ESPN on cable or satellite, except ESPN3 which you can click on and watch without having an ESPN sub. I have played these on the computer, but it would be sweet to have them on my TV through a STB.

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24 2015 06:52:31 »

I just took a look at that, got the url from ESPN3 and tried it real quick but no go. I think that is a broadcast made for a pc using the espnplayer whatever that is, not a true IPTV channel. Did not work when i tried it, but its a pain to add with the remote. Soon i will try again adding it on the pc with a .txt file. Then i can easily try a couple things. Will let you know if i have any success.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Slayers
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: Apr 24 2015 08:21:35 »

Hyper you might try the Luken mux on SES-2 at 87W

wth the Manhattan DJ-1997 to see if the channel IDs

Scan in... thanks in advance...

Slayers

Testing (1)TBS.6922.PCIe Express Satellite TV Card On
Ubuntu-64-Bit-Linux...
Windows-8.1-64-Bit-Build-9600...
Windows-10-64-Bit-Build-10240....
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #19 on: Apr 24 2015 08:35:03 »

Had a chance to look at IPTV yet?  Interested in what's there, and how to add more. You can save discusion on IPTV until the Sat info is covered though.  Jess out in California  

Yes, i have. IPTV is pretty good. Quality varies from channel to channel.

Here is a list of channels i have on mine right now (attached)

The good ones listed are not from the US, they are international versions, spanish subtitles on them.

Some channels spanish audio, many english.

But, nice channels to have in addition to FTA for sure.

As far as adding IPTV channels - you can add or edit the IPTV list using your pc and a simple .txt file.
Or, you can manually add a channel using the remote control. You add the channels by adding the appropriate url in the correct format.

Cool

« Last Edit: Apr 24 2015 08:42:07 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: Apr 24 2015 09:38:34 »

Hyper you might try the Luken mux on SES-2 at 87W

wth the Manhattan DJ-1997 to see if the channel IDs

Scan in... thanks in advance...

Slayers

Nope, it does not.

In fact i can not get it to scan in this TP at all!  

Blind scan, or a TP scan, it just hangs up, will not scan in any channels on this TP. Does scan all the other channels on this sat though. Pursuit, ICTV, etc..

I know it is not a signal problem or anything like that, its a problem with the box.

If i load the default firmware with the channel list from Manhattan, all 34 channels are there and they play just fine. They are listed as PR1 - PR33

So good news, it plays all of the Luken Mux just fine, bad news, it seems to have a problem scanning this TP.

I will report this to Manhattan, and i am confident it will be fixed.

Cool
« Last Edit: Apr 24 2015 09:40:59 by Hyper » Logged

Slayers
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #21 on: Apr 24 2015 10:30:08 »

Good to know... thanks for the reply...

Slayers

Testing (1)TBS.6922.PCIe Express Satellite TV Card On
Ubuntu-64-Bit-Linux...
Windows-8.1-64-Bit-Build-9600...
Windows-10-64-Bit-Build-10240....
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: Apr 25 2015 08:59:49 »

I will report this to Manhattan, and i am confident it will be fixed.

Already aware. There are a few things that were ok, then got screwed up fixing other things. It will be fixed. This is one of the reasons the box was loaded with channels. For now just do a factory DB reset to get them back. Have a great day!
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26 2015 05:36:41 »

Thanks digitaldan for the reply.  I can not remember a new box that didnt have some kind of scan problem at first. Sometimes its a small thing like those that missed the NBC on the old PR mux. Other times, its just one TP in particular, or a whole sat. But i know that the folks at Manhattan from Jeff, to the BETA testers, will get this fixed up. In the meantime, like you said, that is why we have the awesome channel list programmed right into the box.

grin

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #24 on: Apr 26 2015 07:43:52 »

Hey folks, thanks to digitaldan, i just learned how to use the Weather App on the DJ-1997 HD.

Very easy, works great so far.

How To posted here:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=32640.0

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #25 on: Apr 26 2015 08:43:55 »

OK, review continued.

I just scanned Galaxy 19 97.0W C Band

Scan time took 4 minutes 19 seconds (4:19)

Found everything there CWD, AMG, Walk, Footschool, Grit/Escape mux at 3940 H.

Not bad at all!

Check out the blind scan time for 97.0W Ku:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=1205.msg125415#msg125415

grin

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #26 on: May 02 2015 07:59:24 »

Hyper, how about the clock issue with the 1933, does the 1997 keep the correct time or does it lose time each day?
thanks

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #27 on: May 03 2015 07:51:11 »

Hyper, how about the clock issue with the 1933, does the 1997 keep the correct time or does it lose time each day?
thanks

I have rune the receiver both ways. With internet hooked up and without. Time stays where it gets set without internet and set manually. That said, if you have internet, just go to time settings and highlight the time zone you are in. Then hit "OK" and confirm you want it to get the time from the time server. It will set it's self and stay accurate.
fluke281

« Reply #28 on: May 05 2015 08:49:27 »

There are still some bugs to be fixed on this box and hopefully additional firmware updates will address them. The STB has locked up completely on me twice: once while watching a stream on IPTV and tonight after a tried a rescan of channels when I was getting a lot of "no signal" message boxes when it was raining lightly.  The off button on the remote or on the box accomplished nothing. When you pull the power plug, all settings all lost and I had to rescan or reset everything, including the network, time, date, etc. . It has otherwise behaved itself during the past two weeks and will definitely hold a signal better than other boxes. The IPTV performance is exceptional and worth the price of the box alone. Other IPTV boxes are really expensive and may not bring in these news feeds. I have added tv-fox as an add-on to Mozilla Firefox which is good for a handful of IPTV stations. XBMC is also good as an IPTV player (see the youtube videos) but you must load a predetermined list of channels from Google sites and all of them will not consistently work. The Manhattan
solves all of this except that certain channels are really popular at night and you get a lot of "loading" delays--try the Animal Planet or movies as a demonstration of this.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 15 2015 07:21:25 »

Main bug i have found is the scan on the Luken mux on SES 2 87.0W TP 4000. The receiver just hangs up there for some reason and will not scan them in or continue the scan at all once it gets there. Other than that i have scanned many sats and it seems fine. So it is just that mux. But, the receiver comes from the factory with those channels on the Luken mux already in it, so it plays the channels just fine until they fix the scan issue which i am sure they will. Also factory default loads all the pre-programmed channels back into the receiver so that is nice.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: