LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 02:15:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Manhattan DJ-1997 FTA/IP Receiver  (Read 149854 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #45 on: Jul 08 2015 10:34:50 »

Norman, this is the firmware that is loaded to each Manhattan DJ-1997 HD if you purchased it from HyperMegaSat.com recently (since approx 5/22)

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=33529.0

It is the 5/22/15 firmware which is the latest.

We will post any updates to firmware here in the forum in the Manhattan section, but you can also check the official Manhattan website:

Code:
www.manhattan-digital.net

grin

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
mrneedy

« Reply #46 on: Jul 17 2015 09:31:27 »

Here is my review of the DJ-1997:

I picked one of these up to use with a new motorized dish install for a second TV in the house.

My initial thoughts are that the menu's are really nice and the IPTV features are great! I am very happy with the box thus far, it was also a nice touch that in the box the wifi antenna and a HDMI cable were included. (purchased in Canada so not sure if this comes standard or just for Canadian market).

I did experience a couple strange issues, a quick Google search showed that others have had the issues as well.

1. "Antenna Overload" - this seems to come up every time the box is turned on, after 10 seconds it goes away on its own and everything functions normal. I know the line is fine as its a brand new line and motor, additionally my AZBox and Geosat Mini work fine with no error messages.

2. Freeze up on power off, sometimes but not every time when I power the unit off by either the front panel or the remote it will not flip back to the clock display it will stay on the channel number.. the only way to turn the unit back on is to unplug the box and plug it back in. I did some testing and noticed that if I was to unplug the dish antenna cable from the box before turning it off it turns off as expected and can be turned back on with the remote. I initially thought this might be due to the antenna overload error but since all the other receivers I have work as expected on the line I ruled that out.

It should also be mentioned I have 2 diplexers in line to add my OTA HDTV antenna... perhaps that causes the Antenna overload error..? Will replace the cable and diplexers today to see..
« Last Edit: Jul 17 2015 10:00:32 by mrneedy » Logged
rodder

« Reply #47 on: Jul 20 2015 08:54:00 »

Can you delete more then one tp at a time.  smiley

Edision OS Mini Running a  wsi 39" ku dish and 10 Foot  C-Band
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #48 on: Jul 20 2015 05:25:00 »

Thanks for the review mrneedy. I thought i would mention that if purchased from HyperMegaSat.com it comes with the Wifi Antenna and the HDMI cable. For other dealers i know the HDMI is included, but up to the dealer to pay extra to include the Wifi antenna, so anyone purchasing one of these elsewhere, check to see that you get both for free.

Also, a new file is being released any day now with many improvements, not sure it will address your issues, but if not, send an email to Manhattan and they will address it.

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #49 on: Jul 20 2015 05:45:00 »

Can you delete more then one tp at a time.  smiley

In the Sat/TP Manager of the menu, you can delete one, or delete all.

If you wanted to delete more than one but not all, you would need to delete one at a time.

rodder

« Reply #50 on: Jul 20 2015 05:53:30 »

Sound good thanks Hyper

rodder

« Reply #51 on: Jul 21 2015 07:38:07 »

While this receiver sounds good I just ordered a Geosat HDVR3500 from you
« Last Edit: Jul 21 2015 07:46:24 by rodder » Logged

Bill

« Reply #52 on: Sep 11 2015 07:10:01 »

Excellent review Hyper, I'm going to order one of these tomorrow along with a new C-band lnbf and some switches.

I have a couple of questions though.

Are channels like MyTV on G16 4080H included in the factory channel list since they may be considered feeds and are not there all the time although they are there regularly.
Going along with that,
Are you able to add a channel manually and not wait for the channel to be active?

Has there been any problems with overheating? I hear some receivers get pretty hot.

Thanks
Bill

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #53 on: Oct 05 2015 07:04:13 »

Sorry Bill it took so long to get back to you, i did not notice your post until now.

We are now shipping with the latest factory firmware which only includes some channels on G19 97Ku for install purposes, but there are older factory firmware files which include all channels, including channels like the one you ask about, as long as they are there regularly.

You can add a channel manually, and it is very easy, the manual add channel is right in the menu and works great.

It does not overheat, it runs very cool.

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #54 on: Oct 05 2015 07:05:39 »

There is a nice review of the Manhattan DJ-1997 HD FTA/IPTV Receiver in the new October 2015 issue of the The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

Check it out, it only costs $3 an issue for this great magazine, and it is well worth it (the on-line magazine).

Code:
http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/october2015issue.aspx

smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 05 2015 07:10:19 by Hyper » Logged

digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #55 on: Oct 06 2015 05:41:05 »

Sorry Bill it took so long to get back to you, i did not notice your post until now.

We are now shipping with the latest factory firmware which only includes some channels on G19 97Ku for install purposes, but there are older factory firmware files which include all channels, including channels like the one you ask about, as long as they are there regularly.

You can add a channel manually, and it is very easy, the manual add channel is right in the menu and works great.

It does not overheat, it runs very cool.

smiley

If you go to the editing menu, you will see factory database option. Press that and a ton of channels will appear. These cover most of the arc. Have a great day!
rodder

« Reply #56 on: Dec 02 2015 03:55:09 »

Can you not scroll channels on one sat when i do it keeps jumping to the next sat??

digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #57 on: Dec 03 2015 06:20:05 »

Can you not scroll channels on one sat when i do it keeps jumping to the next sat??

Press OK and pull up channel list. Look at the top of menu. I'll bet it says "All Satellite". Hit the blue button.  That will allow you to arrow left or right through the different sats. Pick your sat. Then you can scroll through the channels on just that bird.
rodder

« Reply #58 on: Dec 03 2015 08:44:19 »

No i had it on sat 87w and when i schroll channels it went to 91w.

VE2FCZ

« Reply #59 on: Mar 19 2016 06:58:00 »

Hi all just ordered a Manhattan DJ 1997 and waiting for it to come in the mail.

By reading the feedback i am sure to like this set.

Thanks VE2FCZ

VE2FCZ --... ...--
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: