LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 01:36:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.37 Firmware 080921 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51517.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Manhattan DJ-1997 FTA/IP Receiver  (Read 149852 times)
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #60 on: Mar 19 2016 08:23:25 »

VE2FCZ, I think you will love your 1997. It has lots of features. Quick blind scan, weather app, signal meter, etc. I think you will be happy you bought one.

::th_clap

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
jtb3-
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #61 on: Mar 20 2016 12:24:02 »

Hi all just ordered a Manhattan DJ 1997 and waiting for it to come in the mail.

By reading the feedback i am sure to like this set.

Thanks VE2FCZ

You will love the receiver even more, if after you scan in your sats, then make a backup copy on a USB storage stick.
You will be glad you did, at some point!   If/ when it "crashes" it's no big deal with the backup....BUT, it's a big deal without it!
i'm sure glad I bought the DJ-1997......I'm receiving programs that I couldn't get with any of my other receivers.

Tom
VE2FCZ

« Reply #62 on: Mar 20 2016 07:55:09 »

Thanks happy to be part of the gang!

Bob..

VE2FCZ --... ...--
mrneedy

« Reply #63 on: Mar 27 2016 07:04:07 »

Thanks happy to be part of the gang!

Bob..

Glad to have another Canuck here.. welcome to the forum from VE3 land... also a HAM.

VE2FCZ

« Reply #64 on: Mar 28 2016 08:07:01 »

Thanks VE3

VE2FCZ --... ...--
Jeff S.
« Reply #65 on: Mar 29 2016 03:12:56 »

Just wanted everyone to know we are going to add the radio net channels to the DJ-1997.

We just figured out how to load local radio stations in, but we are limited to the number of programs on the IPTV section.

So we are looking to add this to unit. Our thinking is to start a list to the webpage so you can choose what you want.

Let me know your thoughts on this. We may need your help to find all the stations out there. Let me know if you would like to add to the lists.

Thank you all for your support towards our product, it is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #66 on: Mar 29 2016 05:24:18 »

Jeff, can you add the Sports Animal out of Oklahoma City? There are many Sports Animal radio stations across the country, but the one out of OKC [WWLS 98.1 FM] is my favorite. Also, WBBM AM 870 in Chicago.

thank you, I love my 1997, it has a much faster blind scan than the 1933. You are doing a super job with your products, keep up the good work, you are doing a great job for us FTAers.

::th_clap    ::th_clap    ::th_clap

« Last Edit: Mar 29 2016 05:34:06 by cpsp0 » Logged

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
VE2FCZ

« Reply #67 on: Mar 30 2016 12:52:54 »

Received my Manhattan DJ1997 yesterday.

This is the best stb that i ever had.

Very happy with it as i can backup my settings and channel list on a usb stick.

I can also record a program on a usb stick and play it back later.

Thanks to all

Bob.
« Last Edit: May 03 2016 04:39:03 by VE2FCZ » Logged

VE2FCZ --... ...--
mrneedy

« Reply #68 on: Apr 04 2016 02:55:48 »

Just wanted everyone to know we are going to add the radio net channels to the DJ-1997.

We just figured out how to load local radio stations in, but we are limited to the number of programs on the IPTV section.

So we are looking to add this to unit. Our thinking is to start a list to the webpage so you can choose what you want.

Let me know your thoughts on this. We may need your help to find all the stations out there. Let me know if you would like to add to the lists.

Thank you all for your support towards our product, it is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

Wish List

CFRA - OTTAWA
CFRB - TORONTO
CHML - HAMILTON
CKDO - OSHAWA
WBZ - BOSTON
Jeff S.
« Reply #69 on: Apr 18 2016 11:44:56 »

Will try and get those stations on for you guys. We cannot get all the formats to load and the sequence is very tricky.

So if we don't get them to load, it's not a lack of trying to load them.

Thank you for your input!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
Sly-Cat

« Reply #70 on: May 29 2016 10:37:38 »

Just thought I would add my "fun" with this receiver.  It arrived on a Monday and I set it up and started to add satellites and channels.  This is not my first unit.  I have had several different ones over the years.  I noticed a time or two that the receive would not change the diseqc switch out at the 10 footer.  Thought that was odd.  So after about 7 hours of set up, I decided to watch some TV.  After about 20 minutes the picture locked up and the last word spoken was repeated again and again and again, a loop.  Remote or unit controls would not stop the problem.  I unplugged and waited a couple of minutes.  It started up and played the channel for about a minute and did the same lock up.  Unplugged again and waited 5 minutes.  This time the unit would not start.  Called the dealer and got a replacement.  Well this one would work the 8 position diseqc at the dish.  That was nice.  But it would not send "commands" to the GBox to get the dish to move.  It would move the dish about 1 out of 8 attempts.  I had to use the remote for the GBox to set the satellite I needed.  So with this second unit I set it up and it took about 6 hours and while watching something the screen went blank!  The unit came back on and there was nothing there that I entered.  It had reset itself to factory.  With this much trouble I decided to only enter four satellites that I watch mostly and have given up on any more.  I never know what this "thing" is going to do next.  I am really sad my Amiko Nano died after several years of flawless operation.  There is no way I would tell a friend to purchase the Manhattan DJ-1997.

S.C.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 29 2016 11:37:42 »

Sly-Cat, sorry to hear you have had problems with the latest Manhattan. Mine is a workhorse, I blind scan several hours each day and the only problems I had with it were what I call my fault. I had an issue, which a few other members on the board stated they had before me, with the STB giving me an "Antenna Overload," message and then restarting and resetting itself to factory.
However, after I started cleaning out the TP list, I have not encountered this problem.

If you contact Jeff at Manhattan, I'm sure he will help you work out the problem. He is a stand-up guy, who will work with the customer to work out issues.

Thanks for joining the board. Hope you find much helpful information here and make some new friends.

smiley

digitaldan
Honored Member

« Reply #72 on: May 30 2016 06:10:33 »

Before you scan a bird, (And I do this with all receivers), Delete all transponders. Back when this unit was made the list was fairly accurate. That said each receiver only has so much memory. And just like a computer when the memory is close to getting maxed out you will have problems.

Over the years I have had every box I owned do weird things after just blind scanning a few birds. However I go to the satellite editor after finding a signal, delete all transponders, then go straight to scan. So much for the problems. Also read so many posts here and elsewhere from people reporting the same thing. I also have a 1997. My window to the sky gives me 35 birds to look at. I have had over 1000 channels in the 1997 without a hitch. But as I said I always delete transponders before a scan keeping memory from being overloaded. Just my 2 cents. By the way. Welcome to the forums Sly-cat. I see that was your first post here.
Sly-Cat

« Reply #73 on: May 30 2016 08:49:55 »

Thanks guys for the welcome.  I had to check and found I registered August 7, 2011 but never posted.  It may have had something to do with the problems of a failing business due to the 2008 recession that kept me busy.  It could also have been that I found another site that was beyond popular that I got "stuck" there.  I know it is best to "look around" and check out all sites.  Different minds=different answers.
Very interesting about the "overload" problem.  I remember I actually did see that on the screen once.  I will go in and do a massive TP removal and see what happens after that operation.
 smiley
UPDATE:
I went in and deleted all the extra TP and now this unit should have all kinds of memory.  Memory that it is going to use to think up something else it can do to try to drive me more crazy.  I will check at Manhattan if they can come up with why this can not tell my GBox to move the dish.

« Last Edit: May 30 2016 02:41:50 by Sly-Cat » Logged

S.C.
VE2FCZ

« Reply #74 on: Aug 16 2016 08:00:00 »

50% of the time the stb goes in factory reset mode when i power it off and on.
I have a usb backup so it's no big deal.
Just wondering why....
Thanks  Bob  VE2FCZ....
« Last Edit: Aug 23 2016 08:04:30 by VE2FCZ » Logged

VE2FCZ --... ...--
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: