LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Sep 26 2022 03:05:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site Rules - All Members Please Read!  >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Linkbox 9000i HD, 9000i HD LOCAL Receiver  (Read 101449 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« on: Aug 21 2015 07:48:11 »

New Product Review - Linkbox 9000i HD and 9000i HD LOCAL Receiver

New on the market from Linkbox, the folks formerly known as Pansat is the 9000i and 9000i Local.

I will be reviewing these receivers and posting everything i learn here in this thread. Stay tuned over the next several days and weeks as i test everything out and post my results. Feel free to ask any questions.

These 2 models are the same, with the exception the Local model adds a ASTC tuner for your OTA antenna. That is the only difference between the 2 models.

I always like to start my reviews with pics and specs from the manufacturer so here is that.

Here is the pictures from Linkbox. Starting with the 9000i HD Local (front and back), then the 9000i HD (front and back)

You can see the only difference is the F connector for the ATSC antenna in and Loopthrough for the ATSC, otherwise exactly the same

And here are the specs according to the manufacturer. Both are the same except the "Local" model as noted already

Key Features

Dual Input ( Satellite and Terrestrial)
    WiFi Support
    ATSC High Definition
    Ethernet interface- Firmware, data updating
    BISS CAS Embedded
    Operate with SMS Control System
    Twin USB PVR ready -PVR/Time-shift/updating
    UHF Ready(U-50 Kit Optional)
    SPDI/F Output (Digital Audio Output)
    Network TV supported(URL IP Streaming Player)

Main Features

Fully Compliant of DVB-S &DVB-S2(QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK) Digital & DVB broadcasting
    Supports MPEG2/ MPEG4 AVC HP@level4.1,MP@level 4.1/H.264,VC-1,VP8,AVS
    High Definition Video output : Digital Output and Y Pb Pr
    Full HD Resolution supported: 1080p,1080i,720p ,576p,576i,480p,480i
    Audio Decoding :ISO/IEC13818-3(MPEG-1 layers I, II and III), Dolby AC-3,AAC,HE-AAC
    Satellite Tuner, 950-2150 MHz input Frequency (IF Loop Throughout),Symbol rate 1~45Msps
    ATSC Mode :8/16-VSB,ITU-T J.83 AnnexB 64/256QAM
    ATSC Frequency range :43MHz to 1002MHz
    Very fast Smart Search(Blind Scan)
    Flexible reception of SCPC & MCPC from C/Ku-Band Satellites
    Demodulation : QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK
    USB PVR ready (FAT16/FAT32/NTFS,Format function ,Recording,Playback,EPG Time record)
    Two USB 2.0 Host Interface- Multimedia Application : Movie,Music, Photo and Firmware Update
    Multimedia files playback by USB2.0(BMP/JPG/Ogg/MP3(option))
    Satellite Scan-Simultaneous Scan,Manual PID/Satellite &TP/Network Scan
    Supports DVB subtitle
    10000 Channels TV &Radio Program
    Timer setting supports automatic Turn-ON and OFF daily
    User-friendly EPG(Electronic Program Guide)
    Multi language on sceen menu(OSD)
    Up to True full Color(32bits) on screen display(OSD)
    Powerful Channel Editing Function(Favorite,Move,Find,Sort,Delete,Skip,Lock,Edit,Create)
    Automatic PAL/NTSC Conversion
    8 Favorite List
    PIG (Picture In Graphic) ,Zoom Function
    Screen Format : auto,4:3,16:9
    Software Upgrade through USB ,Ethernet and RS-232C (Receiver to Receiver, PC to Receiver)
    Hardware Copy Protection
    Multiple LNB switching control :Diseqc 1.0/Diseqc 1.2 and USALS Compatible
    Management Subscription
    Network :10/100M Full /Half Duplex Ethernet Interface supported,Supports RMII interface

Satellite Tuner

Input Connector: F-type,IEC169-24
    Frequency Range: 950MHz to 2150MHz
    Input Level: -65 dBm~-25 dBm
    LNB Power: 14V/19V (400mA Max)
    Symbol Rate: 1 to 45Msps.(SCPC,MCPC)
    DiSEqc: Diseqc Diseqc 1.0,1.2 & USALS Compatible
    Demodulation: DVB-S/S2, QPSK/8PSK/16APSK/32APSK
    Viterbi Decoding Rate: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8

ATSC Tuner

1RF Input Connector: F-Female,IEC169-24, Loop-throught output
    Frequency Range: 43MHz to 1002MHz
    Sensitivity: 10dBm ~ -84dBm (ATSC 15dB SNR)
    IF Frequency: Low IF 4~8MHz , 36,44MHz
    Mode: 8/16-VSB,ITU-T J.83 AnnexB 64/256QAM

Transport Stream A/V Decoding

Demultiplex: MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818-1(MPEG-2 system)
    Input stream: Max. 135Mbps in serial mode, 400Mbps in parallel mode
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3(default), 16:9 letterbox
    Video/Audio Decoding: MPEG 2/4, H.264 ,VC-1,AVS,VP8, Full HD Decode/ISO/IEC13818-3 Digital Audio Decoding
    Video Resolution: 480i/p or 576i/p, 720p, 1080i,1080p
    Video Ouput: Digital Output, CVBS,YPbPr
    Audio Mode: Single Channel /Dual Channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo

Main CPU & Memories

CPU: ALI M3516 Dual 32-bit RISC CPU
    Flash Memory: 4 Mbyte
    External Memory Interface: DDR-3 , 256Mbyte

Data Port

Connector: 9 Pin D-Sub Type
    Protocol/Data Rate: RS232 Asynchronous /Max. 115200 bps

A/V Output

Digital output: Digital Output, YPbPr,SPDI/F(Digital Audio Output)
    RCA A/V: CVBS,Audio Left.Right ,Component(Y,Pb,Pr)

Rear Panel

Digital Output / 6RCA: Digital Output , Type A /Video, Audio L, Audio R, YPbPr
    SPDI/F: Optical output
    1 Satellite /1ATSC Tuner: 1 input & 1 Loopout
    RJ-45+USB /UHF: Ethernet+USB2.0 /Stereo Jack
    Data Port: 9 Pin D-Sub Type (Skew Control Kit Optional)
    Power Switch: Rocker Switch

Front Panel

8 Key: PWR,CH Up/Down, Volume Up/Down,Menu,Ok,Exit
    Display: 4 Digit 7 Segment Display
    USB: 1 Host USB2.0

Remote Control

Type: IR RCU
    Battery: 2x1.5V AAA Type

Power Supply

Input Voltage: AC 90-250V, 50/60Hz / Max. 20Watts
    Type: SMPS ,AC Plug

Physical Specification

Operating temp.: 0 ~45
    Dimension (WxDxH) / Weight: 260mm x 153mm x 45mm / 1.1Kg

Review to be continued soon ..........

« Last Edit: Apr 12 2021 03:30:57 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: Aug 23 2015 05:53:38 »

OK, continuing the review, next i want to show you exactly what to expect when you purchase one of these.

So these are pictures i took myself moments ago, from my first shipment that i just got this week.

Starting with the picture of the gift box's, pic 1 and 2 attached.

Pic 3 shows how it looks all packed in the box. I would say the packaging is just fine, very much like the 8000 HD's.

Pic 4 shows all of the accessories

User Manual
HDMI Cable - 6 ft i believe and looks to be good quality
Remote Control and Batteries
USB WIFI Antenna

Note: The remote is the same one that came with the 8K series after the 2nd production run. Which is good. Makes the remote interchangeable with the entire 8K series, and the 9K series receivers. Plus, these remotes work great. I always like it when there is a good proven design, stick with it, no need to change it.

Another Note: The User Manual is good size and 27 pages and seems well written except - the screen shots shown throughout are not right. They show screen shots that look like an updated user interface of the 8K models. The actual user interface is completely different on these 9K models. This could be confusing for less experienced users. Manual needs to be updated by Linkbox with correct screen shot images.

Pic 5 shows the front of the unit, i have it powered on so you can see the front display font size and color. Nice and large, but not too large. Well done in my humble opinion.

As you can see the entire front of the unit is covered in protective film, so is the entire outside metal chassis, top and both sides. This protects the unit during manufacturing and shipping. Peel it off upon receipt and the receiver will look perfect!

Pic 6 under the card door on the RH of the front access panel. Note the USB port, also one in back.

Pic 7 shows the back of the unit.

Everything i see here looks great, and it also matches the pics from the manufacturer. No surprises here.

Note on the back of the unit there is LAN and Wifi connections. Plus SPDIF optical audio out. PLUS both the FTA and ATSC Tuners each have a LoopThrough F connector. You just do not find all this on the cheapo receivers out on the market today.

ATSC Tuner and LoopThrough on the 9000i Local model only, 9000i model has no ATSC Tuner.

Also notice the UHF connection. This can be used with the (optional) U-50 UHF Remote Control Kit (not included). Why is this important? It allows you to control the receiver from a 2nd room through the walls, etc.. Since it has HDMI, plus Component and Composite outputs, you can hook up the Linkbox to a TV in a 2nd and have full control from that 2nd room.

One last note here, the Linkbox 9000i and 9000i Local come with a 2 Year Manufacturer's warranty. And the service center is here in the USA. Most receivers on the market have only a 1 year warranty.

OK. That is it for this portion of my review, next i will start to post my test results.

To be continued ......

grin

« Last Edit: Aug 23 2015 07:10:54 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23 2015 05:55:14 »

Can only post up to 6 pics per post per the forum rules, so here is pic 7 (attached).

Who came up with these forum rules? LOL

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23 2015 09:03:24 »

Review continued.

Here is some screen shots i took (attached).

Pic 1 is the Main Menu, then Pic 2-6 shows me going through the Installation Menu

It is a very easy to use interface so far.

More info soon .....

Cool

jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24 2015 05:53:38 »

I take it that you are doing a review on the local?  I will be interested to know how the OTA recording works, and is there a menu? I am sure the clock will be correct because of the internet conection. Thanks for your time and effort on your product revuews. Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24 2015 05:58:22 »

Yes jess73, i am only going to review the Local model since they are the same receiver with the 1 exception of the ATSC tuner. I have tested the terrestrial tuner and i am happy to say that it scanned in all of the channels it should on my OTA antenna. I know for sure because it is the same amount of channels i get on the 8000 HD Local and also when i scan direct to the tuner in my digital tv.

I have not checked the OTA recording yet, but i will. I would think it will work just fine, it is just like recording a sat channel. So timers, all that will work the same between FTA and OTA. But i will test it out and report on this soon.

I also have not checked to see if it keeps time, but will soon.
« Last Edit: Aug 26 2015 05:30:23 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24 2015 06:57:07 »

OK. I can report to you that on the Terrestrial side of things the EPG (guide) does indeed work!

See the 2 pics attached.

First one shows what you see when you press the EPG button.

This took a few moments to populate. All the networks showed up as i flipped to each channel. The ones that do not are local PBS channels, guess they do not have guide info.

Then if you hit the "Toggle EPG" button shown on the screen it goes to a full list of whats on for that particular channel, see pic 2.

I am very happy with this!

smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 24 2015 06:58:48 by Hyper » Logged

jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25 2015 03:55:18 »

Wow!  I'm saving my penney's for this one!  Thank you very much Hyper.  I bought the Manhattan over on Ricks site, but when I've saved enough penney's I'm getting the 9000i local from you!  Looking foward to the rest of the review,  Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
kilco5

« Reply #8 on: Aug 30 2015 12:31:08 »

I appreciate all the information you have supplied.  I have had many receivers thru the years, but I have never needed or used HD before.  Can you tell me if I am better off using a movable dish (used to use it with BEV) with universal remote or standard dish HD 3-lnb platform?  I want to purchase 3 units for different locations, but all are pipe mounted dish pro dishes/dual lnbs at moment.

Thanks in advance.

kilco5
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: Aug 30 2015 04:50:40 »

kilco5, you would not be able to use this receiver with any type of dish with LNB made for dishnetwork or bell expressvu. We only sell receivers for legal free to air, unencrypted, legal to watch FTA channels and they require dishes and linear polarity LNB's made for FTA C and Ku Band. If you are trying to steal pay tv services, we do not condone that, or allow any talk about that on this forum at all. And HyperMegaSat.com does not sell equipment to be used for this either.

If i read your post wrong, let me know, but it sounds like what you are asking about is piracy, and we dont do that here on this forum.

jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: Aug 31 2015 12:03:12 »

I see you have the Linkbox 9000i  listed in your reciever line up.  When will you be listing the "local" model?  Jess out in California

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: Aug 31 2015 05:43:17 »

I see you have the Linkbox 9000i  listed in your reciever line up.  When will you be listing the "local" model?  Jess out in California

Very soon jess. It will replace the 8000 HD Local on the HyperMegaSat.com website.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: Sep 01 2015 07:04:03 »

OK, review continued............

Now for a little bad news on the Linkbox 9000i HD Local Receiver

It does not seem to keep time accurately from my observations. I set the time and let it sit for 48 hours. When i checked after 48 hours it appears to have lost about 42 seconds. That is to say it was 42 seconds slow. So it seems to lose around a second an hour. This is after setting the time in the user menu. I do not believe it is connecting to the internet to track the time, but maybe there is a way to do this that i have not found yet. I did shoot off an email to Linkbox, have not heard back yet. Not a big deal to most of us, but for those who schedule lots of future recordings this can be a little annoying.

Also blind scan is pretty slow compared to other receivers. On my control test which is Galaxy 19 97.0W Ku, most receivers take 2-3 minutes. The Linkbox 9000i HD Local took 5 minutes 25 seconds. So a little slow compared to other receivers. It was very accurate, finding all TP's, 247 tv channels plus 83 radio. This is a true blind scan as i deleted all Transponders for this sat before the scan.

I will add some more scan results info to this post soon.

« Last Edit: Sep 01 2015 07:34:30 by Hyper » Logged

chadg2

« Reply #13 on: Sep 02 2015 07:58:14 »

First off thank you Hyper for checking into these things for us, but as I recall on the Geosat Pro 3500 you said "it kept the correct time perfectly and you didn't even have it connected to the internet"  Is that right?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #14 on: Sep 03 2015 11:03:25 »

First off thank you Hyper for checking into these things for us, but as I recall on the Geosat Pro 3500 you said "it kept the correct time perfectly and you didn't even have it connected to the internet"  Is that right?

I believe it was connecting to the internet to keep time. I had the wifi antenna in it and i believe it was pinging the internet for the time. I did not realize this is likely what was happening at the time. Here is the post:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=33326.msg128900#msg128900

But i will see if it will keep time if no antenna is connected at all as soon as i have a chance. Will post on that in the Geosat HDVR3500 thread.
« Last Edit: Sep 03 2015 05:47:02 by Hyper » Logged

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: