LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 02:01:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Linkbox 9000i HD, 9000i HD LOCAL Receiver  (Read 97319 times)
wbman1000

« Reply #30 on: Mar 06 2016 11:25:27 »

Update to the changes I found in v119....

It appears that the latest may have the makings for fixing the clock using it's internet connection...

Under the Local Time Setting there is an option UTC Update(Online).

Perhaps once the firmware hits the LinkBox site that there will be more details about this.

Not sure if it's a real-time update, or if it's a manual hit while on that screen.  At this point it appears to be the later -- but definitely a step in the right direction if you plan on using the timer for any recording.

One other thing I did note about the receiver when it comes to time keeping, is that in some cases the clock will change depending on what satellite you're on.  I found this behavior on my GeoSat Micro too.  Seems it syncs from a signal from the satellite in question. 

My opinion is... turn that ability off... Why have local clock settings if sync from sat will override it.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09 2016 12:09:28 »

How does the 9000I HD handle a channel that has been renamed when you do a blind scan afterwards? Reverts it back to the original name,adds original name at end of channel list,or recognizes the channel is already scanned in?

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
wbman1000

« Reply #32 on: Mar 09 2016 08:22:29 »

If it is the same except for the changed name, it replaces the change.

I gave up on changing names at that level for this reason.

This is not a unique problem as my GeoSatPro Micro does the same thing.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #33 on: Mar 09 2016 09:40:35 »

Yeah,I have a MicroHD as well.For me,it would be ideal if I could blind scan and only something newly found would be added.Be nice for feed hunting.I don't care to fool with an editor. <too lazy>
Oh well,no big deal breaker.

El_Viejo
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #34 on: Mar 09 2016 11:51:26 »

It would also be nice that they don't replicate channels because it see the transponder frequency difference of 2 or 3 mHz.  This is receivers in general, not just one brand.   E_V
« Last Edit: Mar 09 2016 07:46:47 by El_Viejo » Logged

E_V
The old tomcat sat on the backyard fence, his feet were full of blisters; his head was up and his tail was down, and the wind blew through his whiskers.
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS AMD64 ASUS M4A7XTD EVO
True FTA: DMSI Hotdish90 (37") for 91W, 97W and 103W; Samsung JS851C11 (33") for 123W ITC; DN pro plus for 118 ITC & 125W; Winegard DS3101 1Meter 103W, Prodelin 1.2m for 99W-C.    All going to a Amiko Nano HD, an OpenBox S9, Linkbox 9000i Local, and Manhattan 1978.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #35 on: Mar 09 2016 12:47:05 »

I hope it's a good'un...'cause I just ordered one. ::woohoo

Edit: Didn't get the Local version,got the 'simple' one.lol
« Last Edit: Mar 09 2016 12:53:14 by armadillo_115 » Logged

armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #36 on: Mar 14 2016 10:31:14 »

Linkbox 9000i arrived Saturday morning...super fast.Thanks Hyper! Been testing on C band and so far I'm impressed with the FTA receiver side.The IPTV part...not so much.But I'm not interested in IPTV and not the one to evaluate that aspect.

Sat picture is very good.Receiving some channels I never got before.As I posted elsewhere: I may be cussing it tomorrow if it takes a dump...but loving it so far!  ::th_clap

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #37 on: Mar 14 2016 11:00:06 »

armadillo_115, Can you give examples of some channels you get with the Linkbox9000 that you never got before? Just curious.

::thinking

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #38 on: Mar 14 2016 01:21:54 »

armadillo_115, Can you give examples of some channels you get with the Linkbox9000 that you never got before? Just curious.

::thinking

Willow on 121W for sure.Tried for that one since installing the larger dish with no luck.Gone Viral channels never locked before but do now.Those are all I am positive were improved by the 9000i.

Other than that,just some channel names I have not seen before...mostly Spanish.Some or all of these may be due to the larger dish size and not receiver related.I'll never know for sure since the previous receiver failed before I could make a comparison.

There ARE channels that I am NOT getting...probably due to not having larger dish aligned correctly.

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #39 on: Mar 14 2016 01:47:55 »

Glad it is giving you more channels to watch.

::th_clap

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Marv
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #40 on: Mar 19 2016 10:47:59 »

Can anyone tell me what format it records in. What the file extension is?  Also can you record say OTA while watching satellite and visaversa? Thanks.
wbman1000

« Reply #41 on: Mar 28 2016 06:54:09 »

I checked my latest recordings --- they're Mpeg-2 format...

So, conversion to other forms is easy if desired...

These appear to be set with burning to DVD was in mind.  But, at least is it not a unique format.
Marv
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #42 on: Mar 28 2016 10:58:21 »

Thanks wbman1000, I've had some files that were almost impossible to work with. Mpeg 2 is good. I was looking at a picture of the remote and don't see a record button. Did I overlook it or is it hid inside a menu?
    Really thinking about getting one of these but retired last summer so not so I don't have the money for my toys like I used to. So will have to save for this one lol.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #43 on: Mar 28 2016 11:20:13 »

Record is the button with the red dot.Far right side,4th from the bottom.

I have not tried recording yet...maybe some day.

wbman1000

« Reply #44 on: Mar 29 2016 12:23:39 »

@Marv -- Well, I certainly understand that lack of funding for the toys....   I can vouch that from my uses of it, I am glad I went with it over other options.  Plus, combining 2 functions into a single unit in this case just made sense -- generally I don't like all the eggs in 1 basket, but this is just something that made sense...Heavy weather for the sat out of service, no problem, switch to OTA....plus, one less remote to add to the growing collection....  The other feature that I liked about it is that it has pass-thru for both OTA and another receiver, so I can easily feed another room....and since I added the UHF remote, I can operate it from that other room too (since it's nearby - range isn't too great)

My only REAL complaint is that I think it scans much too slow in comparison to my other receiver.   The latest firmware did in fact help that area a little....but, still my MicroHD still beats it hands down in blind scan of same sats....   I think though in the end, one could do compare and contrast with any receiver and get a bit nuts with it -- I'm not unhappy overall....
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: