LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Sep 26 2022 03:04:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site Rules - All Members Please Read!  >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Linkbox 9000i HD, 9000i HD LOCAL Receiver  (Read 101448 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #15 on: Sep 03 2015 06:08:06 »

OK. Review continued ........

Here are some more scan results with the Linkbox 9000i HD Local

Galaxy 16 99.0W C Band

5 minutes 5 seconds

Seemed to find everything no problem and all plays great so far.

SES 2 87.0W C Band

10 minutes 21 seconds

Missed the Pursuit HD mux on the scan, but easily found with a TP scan.

The Luken mux it found everything and loaded all the correct call letters for each station, except 4 of them which is normal.

Also i should mention the satellite list is very good.

67 sats for North America in the list from 30.0W to 139.0W included.

And with updated sat names, Eutelsat, SES, etc..

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #16 on: Sep 06 2015 04:26:38 »

Looking foward to your continued review of this product.  Hope the clock problem can be solved, but It is not a big problem[at least for me]. Rick is also testing the 9000i and has noted a limited amount of iptv ch,s can be added.  Still sounds like a good product with iptv ,sat , and ota all in one box.  Jess out in California

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: Oct 08 2015 07:17:09 »

One thing i have not mentioned before (because i just found out), the Linkbox 9000i has Closed Captioning support.

Take a look here:

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=35621.0

smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
wbman1000

« Reply #18 on: Oct 16 2015 10:28:47 »

On the closed captions -- (I just got mine yesterday) -- CC started in ON mode....  big bold letters.... Don't know if that's normal for OOB, but it was clearly there for all to see.

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24 2015 11:27:35 »

are they going to fix timer recording some day.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: Oct 24 2015 05:44:37 »

are they going to fix timer recording some day.

What issue are you speaking of specifically? I know that it annoys me that the timer is in 24 hour military style time. But the best way to get Linkbox to address this or any problem is to have customers email them about the bugs. I think if enough people report bugs or request improvements, this is the best way to get them to do something about it.

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #21 on: Oct 24 2015 05:53:58 »

Here is a very cool and very handy feature i found by accident.

The Linkbox 9000i has an "AV Delay Setting" adjustment.

Use this is the channel you are watching you notice the audio does not match the video. You can increase or decrease 500ms.

So if you have that annoying problem where the words do not match the mouth, you can correct for this.

Just press the yellow button on the remote, then arrow right or left.

I tried it out and it works!

Not covered in the manual, as far as i could tell.

See picture i took (attached)

smiley

chadg2

« Reply #22 on: Nov 04 2015 08:14:28 »

Can you try this on the 8000-HD Local.  Just wondering if that also work on those.  Thanks.
wbman1000

« Reply #23 on: Nov 07 2015 01:10:24 »

The "sync" option seems to be limited to SAT only.   Has no effect on IPTV with same out of sync problem.

Also, the v1.11 firmware that I downloaded via the receiver still doesn't show up on their website.
v1.11 (Oct 15 2015 build)  It updated boot to 1.1, main to 1.1.1, see (unchanged 1.393),
TP (1.2.5 {08-07-15})

Other than some IPTV changes (Korea2 added Korea deleted) and some other additions, I can't find anything that jumps out as changed or new.

The signal meter for TV is no value -- you either have signal or you don't.  The signal strength is always max, even on channel that pixelates.

TV receiver -- VERY good -- I get more via receiver than via anything else I have...It also is ore tolerant of channel fading.  My other OTA receivers hold on and then just drop totally, 9000i keeps going as best as it can for a lot longer before dropping out.  Since I can routinely get reception some 70mi away (without propagation) that is a handy ability.    With propagation in play....I've received all the way down to Houston, TX.  Solid signal for several hours!

Only quirk I found was clock setting... I have to leave GMT on or I can't set it correctly no matter what I do. (Thanks Hyper for the hint on that one)   I do find the clock to be pretty good...  In 3 weeks time I only see about a 1 min difference.  I cannot tell if it's using my internet to keep that up to date.  No settings for it.

Weather.... LOL....  just sayin.... Mixes states with city locations. For example Houston TX is listed... AND so is the state itself!

(I'm other comparable receivers have some equally odd characteristics)
wbman1000

« Reply #24 on: Nov 21 2015 03:28:38 »

I can add.... MUZAK works with this receiver.....   no problems at all entering and using any of its feeds.

So far for me, the only thing I'm really unhappy about is blind scan time......o-m-g is it slow!  So slow sometimes that a feed that was there during scan, isn't once it completed.  :-(

I still think it's a great receiver.....many more pros than cons in my list.   A clear case of YMMV.
« Last Edit: Nov 21 2015 03:51:28 by wbman1000 » Logged
egnard

« Reply #25 on: Jan 06 2016 05:08:50 »

Has anyone done any programmed recording with the 9000i?

I am looking for a unit with CC and recording in HD. I had a GeosatPro until it died after a short while. I had some other issues with that one, too. I have an Amiko mini se now, and find the clock totally unreliable, can't count on it when I travel. I thought I might try the 9000i.

wbman1000

« Reply #26 on: Jan 06 2016 05:21:02 »

It works.... I don't use it though beyond the tests I did.

But, the clock is not accurately maintained, so working is relative to that issue.

Receiver doesn't use Internet to sync clock.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #27 on: Jan 06 2016 06:47:18 »

I was going to say the same thing about the clock. It is not perfect for keeping time. If you do not care about having an OTA tuner, consider the Geosatpro HDVR3500. You can record in HD with like 100 events programmed for timed recording and it keeps time perfectly.

wbman1000

« Reply #28 on: Feb 22 2016 11:55:15 »

v119 of the firmware has appeared on the receiver for downloading.
It's not listed on the official website yet, so the notes on what it fixes aren't known yet.

I can say...at least from my observation that blind scanning seems slightly faster.

The bug I reported to them about "deleting" satellite details deletes the row ABOVE what is highlighted still remains....VERY annoying if you forget.

The other changes I noted... XXX IPTV how has a option to apparently disable that option.  Seems irrelevant since you can just go in and make it available anyways....but, the strange part is that this options isn't in the IPTV section, so hidden by obscurity comes to mind.

There may be other changes that I've just not noted yet...   But, on a very positive note, it really good to see they're continuing to develop firmware updates for this product.
joeroscoe1957
LFTA Legend

« Reply #29 on: Feb 22 2016 10:03:28 »

Been watching post on this receiver , most interested in its satellite , atsc and pvr functions . But it would be a plus to know if the xbmc updates to kodi , if it has a Netflix app and other iptv info ??  I guess just hearing it's made in Korea by the old Pansat 9200  people , had me wanting it from the start . Thanks , Joe
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: