LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 01:50:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.37 Firmware 080921 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51517.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Review - Geosatpro HDVR 3500 FTA IPTV Receiver  (Read 75768 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #15 on: Jun 22 2015 07:22:40 »

Now, if you notice in Pic 1 above that shows the main menu, you will see the iTBN icon. This is pretty cool. This is TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) basically on demand over the internet. You can choose form a huge list of previously recorded TBN programs, and also a huge list of movies shown on TBN, plus watch TBN live. For the on demand movies and shows there is a scrolling description of each show/movie to help you pick what you want to watch. See picture attached. This is in the iTBN app, in the list of movies. There is also a search function. Pretty cool i think!

Now this is separate from the regular IPTV channels as you can see in Pic 1 there is a separate icon for IPTV. I think this is really cool. I would love to see more channels do this in the future. Would be great to have a bunch of different channels with on demand titles like this that you can pick and choose what you want to watch. With the regular IPTV on these FTA receivers you watch whatever is on live at the time. So having something on demand like this is really cool.

For the regular IPTV channels there is 21 of them in the box at this time. Most news channels BBC, CNN, ABC News, RT, etc.. plus NASA, Pentagon and more.

Cool
« Last Edit: Jun 22 2015 07:31:43 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
chadg2

« Reply #16 on: Jun 22 2015 07:50:49 »

How sensitive is the tuner?  How about the internal signal meter?  Is it stable?
navagator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: Jun 22 2015 08:00:25 »

The IPTV function looks great.  

When you get a chance please check to see if the clock and timer functions work properly.  I really like the IP based clock.

From the pictures it appears to have a 24 hour clock, is there a setting for 12 hour AM PM time?

And, do you have an idea of how much these are going to cost?

Thank you.

Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: Jun 22 2015 08:01:17 »

Not real sure how to measure how sensitive the tuner is, but i can say that the blind scans i have done it has found everything! I have scanned 97Ku, 101C, 87C, G16C so far. The signal meter seems very stable. Compared to my other receivers such as the Linkbox 8K Local, this receiver the signal is lower but the quality is quite high. but i find this to be different from receiver to receiver, all receivers report this info differently. But as far as stable, the signal and quality do not bounce at all when watching the built in meter. It stays constant when you stay on any given TP.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24 2015 06:57:00 »

The IPTV function looks great.  

When you get a chance please check to see if the clock and timer functions work properly.  I really like the IP based clock.

From the pictures it appears to have a 24 hour clock, is there a setting for 12 hour AM PM time?

And, do you have an idea of how much these are going to cost?

Thank you.

I have to take a couple days off from playing with this box, but i will test the clock and timer functions out fully, starting on Friday if all goes as planned, and will let you know over the weekend.

As far as price, i dont have a concrete answer on that yet, but should have that info next week.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: Jun 26 2015 06:20:29 »

Hey folks, it looks like the Geosatpro HDVR 3500 will be released for sale next week, and we will have them at HyperMegaSat.com by the end of next week.

Price is going to be right around $165 each.

grin

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #21 on: Jun 26 2015 08:47:00 »

OK. I am starting to test out the clock and eventually will test the timer function too.

So tonight i started fresh. Factory default, nothing saved.

Upon power on and boot up, it asks you to pick a city in your time zone, and then if DST is On or Off.

I chose on of course.

Immediately the time and date changed, and it is 100% accurate. Date is right, time is correct. checked it against a well known website:

Code:
http://www.thetimenow.com/

The receiver and the website are perfectly aligned showing the same time, right down to the second.

It is in a 24 hour display right now, i dont now if 12 hour display is possible or not. I will check on this soon. But for now, i am just going to keep this box going as is, and see if it still has the correct time tomorrow.

BTW, i do have the Wifi antenna connected, but i did not set it up yet, did not connect the box to my network at all.

smiley

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #22 on: Jun 28 2015 04:41:21 »

Great news everyone, i fired up the Geosatpo HDVR3500 Receiver just now after letting it sit since Friday night and i am very happy to say that it does indeed keep time perfectly!

As i wrote in the post above i checked the clock use thetimenow.com website and it was dead on right to the second on Friday when i set it up, and today i checked for the first time since then and it is still accurate right down to the second!

I then shut down and powered off the box, even un-plugged it from the wall for 5 minutes. Powered it back on, and time is still correct!

So the clock works and works perfectly!

Regarding 12 and 24 hour clock formats, the manual says there should be a "clock mode" setting to switch between 12 and 24 hour display. But in the time setting menu, i do not see this option there. So i can only have 24 hour style clock right now. I will ask the folks at Geosatpro about this.

*Update 07/03/15 Geosat informed me that the clock will only be 24 hour display for the time being.

grin
« Last Edit: Jul 03 2015 07:03:49 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #23 on: Jun 28 2015 08:20:47 »

Hyper, please test the IPTV on ESPN3 and see if it can play any of those broadcasts. thanks

I dont think ESPN 3 is "IPTV" in the way that other channels are IPTV with a simple html code. I think you have to watch that on a web browser at ESPN, with a pc.

The manual for the Geosatpro HDVR3500 says the web browser app for this receiver will not play flash video. So if the ESPN 3 is flash video, i dont think it will work.

But if it is not flash video, send me a PM with a full live link that you can confirm is working on your pc and i will give it a try in the web browser app of the 3500.

Dont post a live link here in the forum of course, PM it to me or email me.

Here is a couple pics i just took with my first time using the Web Browser app on the HDVR3500.

Check out the 2nd pic, does that site seem familiar? LOL

grin

« Last Edit: Jun 28 2015 08:44:34 by Hyper » Logged

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #24 on: Jun 28 2015 08:42:32 »

HYPER a PM was sent to you, about 1 minute ago.
cpsp0

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #25 on: Jun 28 2015 09:16:28 »

Got it and just tried and it is a no go. I actually went to the link you provided by PM and i tested and confirmed on my pc, TNF (CFL) on now.

But when i type it in the Web Browser of the HDVR3500 it shows the watch ESPN screen, but wants me to Launch App.

And looking at the searchbar, changed and now shows roadblock and device in the link.

Maybe it is possible with an factory update of some kind, a new app installed, etc.. but will not play it now.

sad
« Last Edit: Jun 28 2015 09:21:41 by Hyper » Logged

cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #26 on: Jun 28 2015 09:29:43 »

Thanks for trying Hyper.
cpsp0

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #27 on: Jun 28 2015 09:44:06 »

No problem my friend.

The IPTV channels that come loaded in the receiver are pretty good.

I checked all of these tonight, about 7 of them were not working. All the rest were.

Many of these i have watched for some time, and they work very well.

Of course, quality varies from channel to channel, from time to time, etc.. That is just the nature of IPTV

Here is a list i made (attached)

Those with * asterisk were not working when i checked tonight, i will check again tomorrow.

smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 28 2015 10:02:57 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #28 on: Jul 03 2015 08:11:30 »

Here is some info on the PVR Timers and how this works.

Before i get into that, i have to say this is a great receiver, so far everything works great, and i am very impressed. FTA/IPTV all works excellent, the blind scan finds everything,  i really like the iTBN app, etc.. The more i use this receiver the more i like it. Really like it. I would recommend it for sure.

The one knock i have is that the user manual doesn't always line up with what you are seeing on the receiver. I have run into this several times now and one for instance is with timers. I have asked the folks about Geosat about this, and they tell me they have developed it to be more user friendly and the printed manual will be revised at some point.

OK. On to the timer function.

The manual says that there is a "Schedule" Icon on the "Apps" screen. This is not there on the receiver because it has been simplified. To schedule a recording you simply press the "clock" button on the remote control.  (button looks like a clock)

This takes you directly to the "Schedule" menu.

From here you can set up (schedule) all of your recordings.

I have attached a couple of pics of this menu, again sorry for the pics being blurry, it is my camera work, not the receiver.  

Pic 1 shows the schedule menu. This is what you see when you press the clock button on the remote. As you can see, i have a scheduled recording already set-up in this picture. If you scheduled several recordings, they would all be listed here.  Note: I am not sure how many recordings you can schedule. Waiting for specs on that, or i will see how many i can schedule.

*Update 7/8/15 Aaron at Sat Av told me he programmed 100 scheduled recordings on this unit!

Pic 2 shows the next screen in the menu. You press the green button "add service" to get to this screen, to actually schedule your recordings.

Under "Mode" you can select:

Once
Daily
or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc..

Under "Service" you can select any channel in your channel list

Under "Type" you can select:

Schedule Record
Schedule View

Set your date and start and duration and you are set.

So that is how these work. I have not yet actually recorded anything, but i will soon.

« Last Edit: Jul 08 2015 06:48:29 by Hyper » Logged

navagator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #29 on: Jul 03 2015 10:18:25 »

Hyper, thank you for your review of this receiver.  It looks very promising so far.

How is the SD/HD picture quality?  Perhaps compared to the Micro HD?  I've never had a Micro HD but I hear the picture quality is really good on SD, which is mostly what I watch.  So far my old Invel (Solomend) receiver has had the best picture quality of any of the other receivers I have owned.

Also does it have a single column or multi-column channel list?  A pic of the channel and satellite lists would be great.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jul 04 2015 12:36:46 by navagator » Logged

Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: