LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 07 2022 11:33:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K HD265 V1.5.63 Firmware 062322 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51812.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual C/Ku alignment and POSITION NUMBERS  (Read 533 times)
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« on: Sep 30 2015 02:59:39 »

I looked and found no reference to what I am posting, so this is what i have recently realized (I'm kinda slow at times, and I blame it on AGE)

If you have a dual LNB (C/Ku combo) on a bud, they may not be in PERFECT alignment.

When you switch from C to Ku, or Ku to C, you find it needs to be peaked.

What i now do is ASSIGN a different POSITION NUMBER to the "C" and "Ku" positions, even tho they are on the same satellite.

Then after you fine tune each position, when you switch to the other band, it will go to the new position and already be fine tuned.

Like i stated, i'm kinda slow, but having had a BUD since BEFORE scrambling started, you can always learn something new.(Old dogs Do learn new tricks).

My $0.02 worth.

Jimlw1
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #1 on: Sep 30 2015 12:12:02 »

Good idea, helps you remember what side you are on, C or KU. Thanks for sharing. Have you adjusted the alignment a few clicks between each C/KU satellite, for example at 99W, is the C-side a few clicks off to the east or west from the KU side. If I understand you right, when you get to 99w, you are dead on with KU, but slightly off with C-band?
cpsp0

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
mmewrench

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30 2015 06:49:54 »

I have been using that system since I first set up my bud and it works well. Although most times when I am tuned in a ku transponder, most times the C band side is also on the money. I am using a chapparal feedhorn with lnbs so both wave guides are pretty accurate.

12' paraclipse classic C/Ku, Titanium ASC1,  90cm fortec Ku, Azbox elite HD, Amiko nano HD, Amiko A3 Genpix skywalker 1, DSR920 (mapmaster maps).
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: