LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 02:17:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.37 Firmware 080921 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51517.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I too can't seem to find Galaxy 19  (Read 560 times)
blackntan

« on: Dec 10 2015 02:11:13 »

Hello all. I'm having trouble finding Galaxy 19. I'm new to FTA. Here's what I have.
Amiko mini HD SE
Geosat pro 36" dish
Titanium Model PLL-1KS Standard PLL ku LNB both from Hyper megasat

Dish is ground installed and pole is plum. Clear shot to the sky. Used Geosat finder site for my numbers and they are
181.9 compass reading
55.5 dish elevation
+3.4 LNBF rotation

My receiver is set to
Sat 97w G19ku
LNB Universal 9750/10600
TP index ?? not sure what to pick here
DisEqc 1.0 disabled
DisEqc 1.1 disabled
Positioner off
22K off
0/12v off
Polarity Auto
LNB power on

I get no Level % and Quality shows 5%. I'm stumped. Any ideas on what I'm missing here
Thanks
vze59zgb
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 10 2015 02:44:00 »

looks like you are using a standard lnb with univerisal settings try  5150 or 10750 for your lnb settings
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10 2015 04:21:20 »

The correct LNB LO setting for that LNBF is 10750.

The best transponder to select from the TP list for locating G19:
Frequency:12152
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 20000

I suggest this transponder as it is not duplicated on other nearby satellites and will not provide a false positive Signal Quality reading.

The dish aiming coordinates are a starting place and you need to set a small TV attached to the receiver next to the dish so you are able to see the Signal Quality meter reading as you slowly move the dish. The dish must be mounted on a plumb and level pole. Identify a landmark in the distance that lines up with the approximate compass reading ( telephone pole, tree, etc.) and SLOWLY pan the dish east/ West approx. 10-15 degrees on either side of 181.9 landmark. If no Signal Quality reading, increase or decrease the elevation one degree and SLOWLY pan the dish East/West again. If no Signal Quality reading, increase or decrease the elevation one degree and SLOWLY pan the dish East/West again. Repeat until the satellite is located and the Signal Quality is optimized. Perform a Blind Scan of all Free Services and you should receive approx. 210 channels.

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
Proud to Support LegalFreeTo Air
Tadpol53
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10 2015 08:33:24 »

He needs to start over! There is no 181.9 on the globe? We need both longitude and latitude, and if he is at 180+ degrees west he,s not going to get 97 west!
blackntan

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10 2015 09:12:56 »

Here's my long and lat
I'm south east of Houston
I will hook my receiver and tv up again in the morning next to the dish and try the standard setting for the lnb and see if that is the problem. Thank you everyone for the help
blackntan

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11 2015 02:01:12 »

I changes all the setting to what you guys suggested and still no signal. Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11 2015 06:26:21 »

Your previous aiming coordinates are close for your location and aiming for G19. The compass reading calculated for your install location is approximately 181 degrees. See the attachment for your longitude/latitude from the dishpointer website.

Do you have the receiver and TV at the dish so you can see the Signal Meter?

The "No Level %" is a problem as this usually indicates that the LNBF is not connected, no LNB power, or defective LNBF. Direct connection from the receiver to the LNBF? Test the LNBF power on the coax coming from the receiver. It should be approximately 13Vdc on a vertical transponder and 18Vdc on a horizontal transponder.

« Last Edit: Dec 11 2015 06:32:32 by Titanium » Logged

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
blackntan

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11 2015 09:02:33 »

Yes I have receiver and TV next to the dish. How would I test the lnb? I'm pretty sure I'm pointing the dish at the right spot. I think your right about the lnb might be defective. Testing it can narrow down the possibilities.
Thanks
blackntan

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11 2015 09:16:52 »

I went ahead and ordered 2 new lnb's from hypermegasat tonight. Hope that might be the issue
Titanium
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12 2015 12:27:37 »

Did you test the voltage on the coax from the STB? Should see approx. 13Vdc on a vertical transponder, 18Vdc on a horizontal transponder.

Also, since 55 degrees elevation is near the transition of the scale for the "A" and "B" sides of the dish mount, what scale are you using? The through-bolt on the top of the butterfly bracket passes through which hole on the clamp? "A" or "B"?
« Last Edit: Dec 12 2015 12:31:31 by Titanium » Logged

Titanium Satellite
Brian Gohl - AI6US
blackntan

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13 2015 11:05:00 »

No I didn't test the voltage. Need to look at receiver and see how to do that. I pretty sure I'm on the a side with 55 degrees on it. Will check tomorrow and post my results
RCC
Know's FTA

« Reply #11 on: Dec 25 2015 09:03:51 »

I went through this same thing when I first started. I thought the receiver was bad (also a mini hd se). Tried different LNB's and finally found a larger dish and all of a sudden things clicked and there were satellite signals every where. After learning a little more, I went back to the original setup with the small dish 500, dish, just to see if a little experience helped with getting a signal. It did and on 97w with the small dish I was able to receive over 200 channels.

I guess my point is that persistence pays off, and these guys on this board are really good at helping a fellow out. Good luck.
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #12 on: Dec 25 2015 12:08:57 »

Glad you found it, now that you have caught the "bug" of FTA, I'm thinking this won't be the last dish you install!

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: