LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
April 21, 2021, 08:13:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best available KU Band dish Motor  (Read 1244 times)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 04:36:53 PM »

The motor problem happened mainly at 91 the motor would move to and stop momentarily at the correct spot, then resync and go way past the needed position.

What is your Center, or due south satellite? 91w?
Are you using USALS?
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »

The motor problem happened mainly at 91 the motor would move to and stop momentarily at the correct spot, then resync and go way past the needed position.

What is your Center, or due south satellite? 91w?
Are you using USALS?

My center would have been 83 but since it kinda went crazy I have been using 87 Just happened to think I could use 85 if there is still the one Echostar channel active there. I am using USALS.  Aftere the reset it works ok but still gets a bit confused with 91 w

WT
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »

ok, glad u got it working,

Me too Thanks!!
WT
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 02:45:05 PM »

You can try assigning a diseqc 1.2 position to 91w if that location has problems in the future.  My Stab motor would wander at the 85 west satellite using USALS, and 85 west was also in my USALS setting. Assigning a diseqc 1.2 position and using it for the 85 satellite solved the wandering problem for me at that satellite position.

The key to a successful motorized satellite installation is the pole, and if the pole has issues, then everything else associated with the motorized installation will have issues. Trying to trick the motor by using USALS settings that are not correct for a given area will also cause problems. Maybe you can get the pole fixed permanently in the spring, but at least it is working for you now.
Bass Player 1964

FTA In The Backwoods

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 01:41:04 AM »

You can try assigning a diseqc 1.2 position to 91w if that location has problems in the future.  My Stab motor would wander at the 85 west satellite using USALS, and 85 west was also in my USALS setting. Assigning a diseqc 1.2 position and using it for the 85 satellite solved the wandering problem for me at that satellite position.

The key to a successful motorized satellite installation is the pole, and if the pole has issues, then everything else associated with the motorized installation will have issues. Trying to trick the motor by using USALS settings that are not correct for a given area will also cause problems. Maybe you can get the pole fixed permanently in the spring, but at least it is working for you now.

I have a temporary fix that is keeping the pole plumb for now but hopefully, I can drop to the side and sink a new pole if the weather will stay warm and dry enough. I hope I can get that done between now and spring. I checked a while ago and I'm good from 125° to 87° now but it does have to think about it a bit at 91°.  At least it works for now :)  I may check before I do a reinstall and see if there is anything on 85 I can use in making that my "closest" to center satellite since the demise of AMC 9.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:43:20 AM by Bass Player 1964 » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 10:14:21 PM »

I know this thread is over a year old, but .....

The STAB HH-90 is still the best Horizon to Horizon Ku Band Dish Motor/Rotor available.

Not that there is really a choice these days, FTA equipment is becoming harder to find in the USA.

But the STAB is still the best in the business, and they are still available for now.

thumbs_up

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:19:09 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: