LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 14 2022 10:34:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site Rules - All Members Please Read!  >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on combining 2 antenna's ( OTA )  (Read 1699 times)
John Perry

« Reply #15 on: May 31 2016 06:53:07 »

Thanks to Hyper, and all other forum members who made, or combined antenna's
that has given me the confidence to go ahead and make my own. It has been a rewarding experience, and
I think that I have learned a lot by the process of doing it, and also by much reading on the subject from
library books, books purchased online, and also from what I found on you tube, and the webb.

To EL-Viejo's question.   The driven element, ( Dipole ) was cut for channel 9 at its center frequency of
189 MHz. so as to pick up CBET the Canadien affiliate of the CBC  from Windsor, Ontario  Canada. It has worked quite well.
The reflector is 5 to 10 percent longer then the dipole, and the 5 directors are 95 percent of the dipole length.

In the future I plan on building an antenna so I can also pick up channel 42 out of Sarnia, Ontario. At the present time,
that channel, 42 is propagated on the old analog form of transmission so I will use 10, or 11 elements, with the center
frequency cut at 641 MHz. to capture as much signal as possible. The plan this time is to use the automatic program
I found, that was written by an engineer, who's name and webb address escapes me at the moment. It is recorded
on one, or two of my previous posts if anybody is interested.

Thanks to all for the nice comments on my project.

John L. Perry----Chesterfield Twp, Michigan    smiley   
cpsp0
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

2016 Frist World Series Title in 108 years

« Reply #16 on: May 31 2016 09:12:07 »

John, you did some good planning, took your time and did it right. I think this will help others on the board who want to try and build their own.

::th_clap

I love my Raydx 10.5-footer. It brings in 16APSK feeds quite well! Titanium C1 PLL LNBF & GEOSATpro SL1PLL Ku LNBF to a FreeSat GTC 4K receiver!
mrneedy

« Reply #17 on: May 31 2016 10:22:45 »

Do I see a G5RV up there as well setup as an inverted V?
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 31 2016 03:28:53 »

John,I wouldn't be in a hurry to cut an antenna for channel 42.If I understood correctly,they are planning to do away with channels 30 and above.  Angry Info here:
http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=42226.0

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
jess73
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #19 on: Aug 22 2016 03:14:22 »

Sure hope the sell off is not soon.  It will sure limit the "Free TV".    On the subject of VHF;  I just put up a hi-band[7-13] today so I can get ch6[rf9], and ch10[rf10] out of Sacramento,Ca.  I am a little over 50mi and the little amplhfied bow tie antenna, just didn't work!.    Interesting thing about this VHF antenna is that I also get most of the UHF also!     This is a fringe yagi , and I also have a UHF fringe yagi that I want to combine and put a winegard Boost amplifier in the system.  I would like to amplify both VHF and UHF. , sense  The Boost will amplify both VHF and UHF.   Any suggestions on what coupler/combiner I need to use?

9ft. c/ku Mesh button hook hor to hor. 4dtv922 slaved pansat2500,9500, az prem hd, and a cw3000 at the end of the loop. other boxes in the closet. got the 9500 from Hypermegasat! Can look from 55.5 to 139 west.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: