LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 07 2022 11:32:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting "switch" trouble and the fix.  (Read 508 times)
RCC
Know's FTA

« on: Aug 13 2016 06:21:43 »

I am running an 8 port pansat in diseqC 1.1. Thursday night, I noticed that I could not be watching 105w on port 5 and switch to ports 2 or 3, but it would switch to port 1 and at that point I could switch any where until I went back to port 5 then it would be locked on port 5 until I selected 1 again. As it turns out, I had left my analog sat meter on port 5. When I removed the meter the next day, the trouble went away and all switching seems normal.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #1 on: Aug 13 2016 07:23:51 »

I once thought i was having switch problems. I have 2 4x1 diseqc switches in my set-up and also a 3 way splitter. Anyways, i was having problem switching after it had been working for 2 years perfectly. I went out and changed each switch/splitter one by one and was checking to see if things improved between each piece i changed. Still not working properly. I then replaced each of these again with new stuff and still no good. Come to find out (hours later) it was a barrel connector in one of the coax lines into my house. I changed that out and everything was back to normal. I even checked the old switches i took out originally and everything worked. I kid you not, i can not explain why this made everything go beserk but it did.
« Last Edit: Aug 13 2016 07:25:59 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
danristheman
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13 2016 09:38:00 »

Had the same problem in the winter time wires shrink makes bad connections. Barrel connectors can be a pain sometimes.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: