LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
April 21, 2021, 08:52:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out our HD Wildfeed/Backhauls Section >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?board=66.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended Hard Drive's for the Geosatpro HDVR3500 Receiver  (Read 511 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« on: July 18, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »

Hard Drive's for the Geosatpro HDVR3500 Receiver

If you purchase the Geosatpro HDVR3500 from HyperMegaSat.com you get 64GB hard drive built in for recording. (Some dealers offer only a 16 GB version). But if you find you want more space, here is some info that will help you decide what kind of USB Hard Drive or Flash Drive to purchase, and also a list of verified Hard Drives.

The HDVR3500 records on an optional USB 2.0 hard drive or flash drive that is MS FAT32 or NTFS compatible. Most USB 2.0 drives that are 2000GB or smaller are compatible with the HDVR3500 if the packaging indicates compatibility with both Mac and PC. If the drive packaging only states that it is PC compatible, check with the manufacturer to verify that the product is correctly formatted for MS FAT32 or NTFS. The receiver supports USB 2.0 hard drives and flash drives that are as large as 2000GB (GigaByte) or equal to 2000 hours of TV recording. One GB records approximately 1 hour of TV programming or 20 hours of radio.

Verified USB 2.0 Drives (Maximum 2000GB Supported)

Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive - 500GB / USB 3.0 / 5.0Gbps  (may require optional USB Power Supply )
    Hitachi 500gb Xmobile
    Hitachi SimpleTech - Simpletech 500GB - S500U
    Western My Book Studio Edition WDH1Q5000 (USB, Firewire, eSATA)
    Maxtor 500GB GB OneTouch 4 Plus
    (Build Your Own)  CoolMax Enclosure - HD-389-U2(sata)  /  Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 3.5" Internal Drive

Many USB drives will work with the HDVR3500, but these specific models have been verified by our technicians.

Cool

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »

If anyone has used a USB 2.0 Hard Drive with the Geosatpro HDVR3500, other than what is listed above, and it works well for you, please post and we can add it to the list.

ty

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 07:54:09 PM »

Bumping this thread       boink

What other USB Hard Drives work well for the HDVR3500?

I have only ever used USB Stick Flash Drives with this box and they all have worked great.

smiley

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: