LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 02:46:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a new reciever  (Read 19648 times)
jdelanos

« on: Nov 29 2016 09:45:43 »

Hyper of all the receivers you sell, which one has the best picture and the fastest blind scan?
« Last Edit: Jan 05 2019 09:00:33 by Hyper » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30 2016 12:20:45 »

Today, i only have 3 models available.

Geosatpro HDVR3500

Linkbox 9000i HD

Linkbox 9000i HD Local

I would say the Linkbox has the best picture, but i think the Geosat is just as good. Honestly, i can not tell the difference myself. Just going by what others have said about the Linkbox's picture.

But the Linkbox scans slow compared to the Geosatpro, that is for sure.

Hope this helps.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
jdelanos

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01 2016 10:33:09 »

Thanks Hyper
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19 2016 07:23:38 »

No problem.

Also, we will soon have the Manhattan RC-1978 HD available.

Probably around Christmas, but very soon for sure.

Go here to learn more about this receiver:

http://www.hypermegasat.com/Manhattan%20RC-1978%20HD.htm

grin

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
jdelanos

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20 2016 10:37:48 »

Thanks Hyper I have already bought the Linkbox 9000i from you maybe try the Manhatten later.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20 2016 12:17:48 »

Thanks Hyper I have already bought the Linkbox 9000i from you maybe try the Manhatten later.

Thank you! We appreciate your business, and you got a good one in the Linkbox 9000i for sure.

owhite47

Old Sat Man

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20 2016 03:31:26 »

Try the V8 super listed on flea-bay, I have one that I like a lot..........have to make your own satellites but works like a charm... Cool
Chayim
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20 2016 07:16:56 »

I have read that these cheap receivers on eBay are violating US copyright laws, circumventing US customs and hurting legitimate businessmen like Hypermegasat.  If this is the case (Hyper, you may want to comment) then we should absolutely not support them in any way.

You will notice with the products from Freesat, X2 and the like that while they say "HD" or "Full HD" or something like that, you do not see the HDMI logo or brand.  Same with claiming to decode AC3 - but you don't see the brand "Dolby" mentioned anywhere.  Even the USB logo is not the real one.  My understanding is that this is because these Chinese manufactures have stolen and copied the technology without paying the proper royalties to the copyright owners.  Most of them aren't even UL listed.  All this does is contribute to the trade problems that the president-elect has determined to fight head on.  It also discourages further development, since the people who worked diligently on these technologies are not reaping their due reward.  One dealer told me that these Chinese manufacturers can't sell items in large quantities to legitimate dealers because US customs would confiscate the unlicensed products.

Take a good look at the eBay listing and the fake knock-off logos on their boxes, then compare it to an authentic product (like on the Hypermegasat web site) that has authentic logos, real brand names on the technologies, and is in compliance with copyright and licensing laws.

I do buy used stuff on eBay because I like to find good deals, but all this "new" cheap junk does is support Chinese trade and undercut American companies.  I know most of the receivers are foreign built, but bring them in legally and pay the proper fees.  If any manufacturer or distributor here knows more about this, I would really like to confirm if this is correct.

My opinion; thanks for reading.  I support American businesses.
« Last Edit: Dec 21 2016 06:43:41 by Chayim » Logged
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21 2016 09:02:58 »

Cannot speak for every Ebay receiver, but the X2 is legal. Many complained when X2 was first introduced which caused them to pull their advertising, update their product, and comply with our laws.

Complaining about these receivers is like complaining about the election results: It will not do any good.

The FTA market is shrinking in North America and in other Countries. FTA dealers will have to adjust to this new market or go out of business. Closed source receivers for less than 40 dollars delivered are common. These cheap receivers are here to stay. IMO, the only way you will compete with that is to go with open source receivers and customize them to the needs or wants of the customer. This is fairly easy to do, but it takes time.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22 2016 06:53:38 »

To Chayim's post, yes, there is no doubt these cheap direct from China FTA receivers are hurting FTA Dealers in North America, there is no doubt about that. We have seen a few dealers close the door this last year, others look like they are close to closing the doors soon perhaps.

The ones that circumvent the US copyright laws, FCC laws, UL Listings, Trademarks, stolen technology, etc.. are definitely not playing fair, and this is seriously hurting our US Dealers. Not just in FTA equipment mind you, but all across industry.  But also to that point, the whole system is rigged in favor of China as far as ship costs. Consider this:

You can buy a 4x1 DiSEqC Switch direct from China for $1.92 with free shipping on eBay. You will wait 6-14 weeks for it but yes $1.92 shipping included. So these ship 1 at a time from China to the US, then they enter the US Postal Service and move anywhere in the country to be delivered to the customer.

You know how much it costs a USA dealer to ship the same switch? $2.60  << YES THAT IS THE SHIP COST ALONE, to ship the cheapest method there is, USPS First Class Mail, no matter if going from Michigan to California, or Michigan to Michigan one town over. There is no cheaper ship method.

So you see how unfair the trade deal is with China? I am not making this up. And it is the same way with receivers. They can ship from China to the US, enter our postal system here, move across the entire country for far less than i can ship the same product from within the USA to another destination in the USA.

This is one of the big problems with our current trade deals. They are skewed far beyond the cost of the dollar, manufacturing costs, etc.. they actually have incredibly lower costs to use our Postal System than we Americans do also!

But anyways, i digress. The cheap receivers will probably always be around, and they work ok, some of them. But when you do have a problem you will have to just toss it and buy another. Because you will likely not get support from overseas. If you did it would cost you $45-$65 to ship it there (even though they can ship it to you for $8 lol).

I would encourage anyone who needs FTA equipment to buy from a USA Dealer, (preferably HyperMegaSat.com) for a whole bunch of reasons.

1) Keep money in our USA economy as much as possible, this includes jobs as well.

2) Keep product innovation going forward. Guys like Jeff at Manhattan, Brian at Titanium Satellite, Eugene at Satellite AV, Kim at Linkbox, etc.. are innovating and bringing us new products that are designed specifically for the North American market, with ever advancing features. We need to support them to keep it going.

3) You get customer support and warranty repair here in the USA, with folks who understand your needs and you can actually speak to.

4) The quality of products is carefully designed and controlled by the manufacturers whose products we sell. Unlike the cheap stuff that is made as cheap as possible, then made cheaper again.

And i could go on and on with the reasons.

But also consider this - the information/support sites that keep us informed and up to date. Just myself as the owner of HyperMegaSat, we bring you this forum free of charge, and we bring you SatHint.com free of charge.

With no USA dealers supported by USA customers, great sites like these will dry up and go away. We have already seen it happening in the last couple of years.

Anyways, this is just my thoughts and my opinions on the matter.

And i will end by saying that HyperMegaSat.com is going strong, we have lots of loyal customers who keep us going strong, and i do not see that changing any time soon.

In fact i vow to work hard to make sure we are here long into the future, because like a lot of the other USA dealers, i care about this hobby.

::2cen

« Last Edit: Dec 22 2016 08:34:07 by Hyper » Logged

Chayim
Honored Member
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22 2016 08:00:04 »

Thanks for the info, Hyper.  Wow, I never even thought about that postage issue.  Something sure isn't right there.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22 2016 08:13:35 »

I can add one more to Hyper's list above:

If our FTA suppliers in the USA go out of business... it would be fairly easy for the Feds to then close off access to the over-seas market. Leaving us with NO new equipment. Many in the Gov have been wanting to TAX all internet sales for years as it is.  shocked

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
ftasami

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23 2016 09:43:14 »

Those who keep looking for something for nothing are destroying our once great country and its hard working businessmen.
owhite47

Old Sat Man

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23 2016 07:03:21 »

Wow didn't mean to upset anyone......but I got both these receivers and also my two manhattan 1997's here in the usa...I always do and those two I have mentioned just a little cheaper and work well for me....Sorry to anyone I may have offended...... Cool
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: