LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 14 2022 10:27:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K HD265 V1.5.63 Firmware 062322 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51812.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Question on your setups  (Read 934 times)
dale661

« on: Apr 26 2017 02:14:35 »

This kind of encompasses both C-band and Ku at the same time.  I see most of you have dual setups of BUDs and Ku.  I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this:

How do you guys configure this?  Are you running all of this into a switch?

Do you guys use multiple dishes for Ku or do you have one set up on a motor?

Are you controlling your BUD and Ku dishes with the same receiver or do you have multiple receivers?

I was reading through this forum or another one, and I remember seeing a scan on a receiver that had C-band and Ku populated at the same time.  Maybe I was dreaming?

Anyway, I'm just curious, as all I work with is stationary stuff.  I know how switches work and all that jive.  We still use them for the older systems that Dish sells.  The newer systems have the switch built into the LNBF.

I guess what I'm mainly asking at the end of this is it possible to have a motorized Ku and BUD work through the same receiver. 

I used to work at Comcast.  I work for Dish Network now.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26 2017 12:04:02 »

I will try to answer some of your questions.

How do you guys configure this?  Are you running all of this into a switch?
Depends. Receivers with multiple tuners usually do not need switches

Do you guys use multiple dishes for Ku or do you have one set up on a motor?
I mainly use motors, but I have used a combination of fixed and motorized for ku band.

Are you controlling your BUD and Ku dishes with the same receiver or do you have multiple receivers?
Both.
I normally buy receivers with 2 or more DVB-S2 tuners. Linux or enigma2 receivers allow you to tie multiple receivers together using a network.

I was reading through this forum or another one, and I remember seeing a scan on a receiver that had C-band and Ku populated at the same time.  Maybe I was dreaming?
Some receivers have a setting for the c/ku combination lnb that will allow a scan of both bands at the same time. You may use a combination c/ku lnb or tie a c and ku lnb together using a 22KHz switch. Not many receivers have this feature.

I guess what I'm mainly asking at the end of this is it possible to have a motorized Ku and BUD work through the same receiver. 
Yes.
dale661

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26 2017 10:00:34 »

Thanks for your responses!  What Linux receivers are you using?

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26 2017 10:08:46 »

Enigma2.
Several different makes/models.
dale661

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26 2017 10:20:49 »

Enigma2.
Several different makes/models.

Where can you get them here in the US?

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26 2017 11:38:20 »

You will probably need to wait a month or two before they are available in the States.
dale661

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27 2017 07:19:02 »

You will probably need to wait a month or two before they are available in the States.

That's cool.  I'm not in a hurry. 

Jeff S.
« Reply #7 on: May 01 2017 02:33:14 »

Really,

Most people just use a tone switch between the two bands. It works well. But two tuner solution is another way. 

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #8 on: May 01 2017 04:58:50 »

Another way to go is to use just the BUD for C and Ku Band with a LNBF such as the CK1S Combo C / KU-band LNBF Standard LO from Titanium Satellite. These are great for a couple reasons 1 being that you do not need a polarotor to switch between polarities.

But if you do want to run a BUD and a Ku Motorized dish, you can do it.

Check out this thread "Switch Diagram Picture Book":

http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=1603.0

There is a couple pictures of set-ups to do this.

thumbs_up

« Last Edit: May 01 2017 05:00:42 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: