LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 06 2022 02:08:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site Rules - All Members Please Read!  >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Made Security Cam System  (Read 379 times)
Jimlw1
Know's FTA

« on: Sep 28 2017 10:58:13 »

I have been hobbying with a home made Security Cam system for a bit over 15 yrs.

I call my system my "Basement window over the driveway".  I have a computer room in a small room in the basement in the far back corner from where the Cam is located.  With my Harbor Freight Camera plus (original 7" monitor) - now using a 19" TV and home made control system i can see from straight down to around 10 to 20  degrees above straight out (limited by the install location) under the eave of the roof and out of the weather,  Plus i can rotate the Cam close to 270 degrees from the corner of the house and garage door around to front step. That includes up and down the street in both directions.

The Cam is Color plus infrared with night vision - no recording is used at present time - but i am aware of what is going on outside. I can follow the weather on the computer weather channels and know when to shut down and pull ALL plugs running to the computer. It shows TStorms and Lightning in the direction that the storms arrive from - the SW.

The control system is made using, 2 phone cords - one to Cam - other to control the PRINTER motors from a home made switch box - AC on/off switch to turn Brick on/off, with 2 DPDT switches to reverse power/direction of the motors,.

I will add some pictures from time to time and try to answer questions.

Jimlw1

Edit: ooops, Spell checker missed a word
« Last Edit: Sep 28 2017 11:00:02 by Jimlw1 » Logged
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: