LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jan 18 2022 03:23:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.37 Firmware 080921 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51517.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Receiver to buy? Linkbox 9000i Local or GeoSatPro HDVR3500  (Read 1597 times)
pettrix

« on: Nov 26 2017 04:34:20 »

Been researching and not sure which unit is better, more reliable and good for a first timer?

I read the Linkbox is Korean made and the quality is better than Chinese made receivers. Is GeoSatPro a Chinese made receiver?

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!
pettrix

« Reply #1 on: Nov 26 2017 09:35:37 »

After reading some old posts it appears the Linkbox 9000i has issues with keeping proper time. Is this still true?

I also read that the Linkbox is very slow in doing blind scans. Has the firmware improved this or is it still true?
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27 2017 01:49:39 »

Geosatpro HDVR3500 is indeed Made in China. However, it is a good quality made box for sure.

The Geosatpro comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. The Linkbox 9000i HD comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

The Geosatpro HDVR3500 i can say for sure keeps the time perfectly by connecting to the internet. However it is a 24 hour format, but so is the Linkbox.

The Linkbox 9000i HD does indeed have a slower Blind Scan, that is true for sure. But for ease of use, i believe it is simpler to learn/use.

So that is my take, perhaps some others will chime in and give you some advice.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
pettrix

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27 2017 05:23:40 »

Geosatpro HDVR3500 is indeed Made in China. However, it is a good quality made box for sure.

The Geosatpro comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. The Linkbox 9000i HD comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

The Geosatpro HDVR3500 i can say for sure keeps the time perfectly by connecting to the internet. However it is a 24 hour format, but so is the Linkbox.

The Linkbox 9000i HD does indeed have a slower Blind Scan, that is true for sure. But for ease of use, i believe it is simpler to learn/use.

So that is my take, perhaps some others will chime in and give you some advice.

Can you get onto the internet (YouTube, Google) with either receiver?

What about streaming music?

Do both receivers come with 64mb of DVR memory?
norman881

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27 2017 07:20:42 »

I have a 3500 that I have not used for years.  I'll have to check to make sure that I have everything together.  If I do, I'll send it to you for the cost of the shipping.  I was using a GeosatPro and an Amiko before I bought the 3500, so it was quite a way down on my favorite list.  There was also an issue with the specs being wrong/ exaggerated performance.  I love my Linkbox 9000i Local.

10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/STAB HH90 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K  Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1W PLL LNBF
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27 2017 07:28:12 »

Only the Geosatpro HDVR3500 comes with 64GB of Internal DVR Memory. The Linkbox 9000i HD comes with none. This is standard with FTA receivers, they do not usually come with an pre-installed internal DVR memory. But that is OK, you can just use a USB stick.

Only the Geosatpro HDVR3500 does come with pre-installed internal DVR memory. But there are also versions of the 3500 with 16GB installed, and some with NO pre-installed internal DVR memory.

I will have to check on Youtube, last i knew they both work on Youtube, but i have not checked either in awhile. I do remember it is somewhat limited, like search, etc.. but I can not really remember, i would need to check. Honestly, it is better to use your PC for Youtube, or to use Google.

I know each have streaming Music apps, but again, will have to check on it, i have never used them.

But the Geosat HDVR3500 when connected to the internet, you can get thousands of radio channels from all over the country. I mean almost every one.
« Last Edit: Nov 27 2017 07:36:52 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
pettrix

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27 2017 10:23:46 »

But the Geosat HDVR3500 when connected to the internet, you can get thousands of radio channels from all over the country. I mean almost every one.

So what would be your favorite receiver between the two?

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30 2017 08:43:58 »

Boy, that is a tough question.

I think maybe i like them both equally.

Both are really great.

I know that is no help.

::sorry

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: Dec 26 2021 11:30:55 »

To this day i still own (and use) each of these receivers

Linkbox 9000i Local and GeoSatPro HDVR3500.

I use the Linkbox for OTA and FTA for just watching TV in the garage.

I use the Geosatpro HDVR3500 for blind scanning and looking for new stuff.

« Last Edit: Dec 26 2021 11:32:31 by Hyper » Logged

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: