LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 10, 2021, 11:46:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 022221  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WNEM TV5, WEYI, WBSF re-pack, rescan  (Read 6959 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« on: June 17, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

Mid-Michigan

WEYI-TV 25 and WBSF-TV 46 will alter their signals on Tuesday, June 18. A rescan may be necessary after 12 pm in order to continue receiving those stations' programming.

WNEM-TV 5's signal will change on Friday, June 21 after 12 pm.  Another rescan may be necessary on that day.

Additionally, public TV station WCMZ and religious broadcaster WAQP are in the process of changing frequencies as well.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »

Mid-Michigan

WEYI-TV 25 and WBSF-TV 46 will alter their signals on Tuesday, June 18. A rescan may be necessary after 12 pm in order to continue receiving those stations' programming.

WNEM-TV 5's signal will change on Friday, June 21 after 12 pm.  Another rescan may be necessary on that day.

Additionally, public TV station WCMZ and religious broadcaster WAQP are in the process of changing frequencies as well.

On May 29th, WBSF sent me a Facebook reply message (I had asked previously) saying they were moving on June 20th at noon.

Where did you see that they now plan on moving 6/18? There's still no crawl showing up on their channels to warn people.

Also, there's this posted on Wbsf's web page:
Code:
http://thecw46.com/news/local/nbc25-cw46-changing-over-the-air-channels
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:03:39 AM by MikeBear » Logged

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »

Today 6/20 12 noon~ is rescan day for Flint - Saginaw - Bay City (Michigan) DMA WEYI-25 & WBSF-46 are changing RF frequencies.

Friday, 6/21 WNEM-5 is changing RF frequencies. No word as to when WAQP-49 is changing, even though 6/21 is their deadline. Perhaps they'll switch at same time as WNEM.

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »

WEYI-25 has now switched frequencies 10am. Waiting on WBSF-46 to change.

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 01:58:43 PM »

WBSF-46 changed an hour or so after WEYI-25. That is, they went dark. 1/2 hour later, they came back up on their original RF46. Must have had problems with the switch.

So, we wait on WBSF...

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »

Yep, i did not re-scan until later in the day but WEYI-25 did indeed change frequency, and so far WBSF-46 is still the same.

Gotta scan again in a couple days for WNEM-TV5 change.

I am thinking if they make us re-scan, they should give us some more channels.

That just seems fair to me.

smoke

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »

Yep, i did not re-scan until later in the day but WEYI-25 did indeed change frequency, and so far WBSF-46 is still the same.

Gotta scan again in a couple days for WNEM-TV5 change.

I am thinking if they make us re-scan, they should give us some more channels.

That just seems fair to me.

smoke

WBSF posted on their web site an update that they are changing Friday 6/21 at 10am. WNEM posted that they also are changing around 12 noon Friday 6/21.

I already submitted a Lineup change to Tivo for WEYI, and have the other channels Lineup changes ready to go off to Tivo when they change. They have to do these changes manually, as Tivo's don't use PSIP data. Which means no guide data, even though a person can do a manual re-scan, and pick them up that way. Until Tivo actually manually remaps them, no guide data.

WAQP refused to tell me when they are changing, (they basically told me to wait until they go dark, then just re-scan) BUT, 6/21 is their last date for their phase. So perhaps they'll also change that  day.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:40:23 PM by MikeBear » Logged

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »

WNEM - 5 has now also changed frequencies sometime during the early morning. I submitted a Lineup change to Tivo.

WBSF - 46 went dark at 8:30am, and is still dead over 1/2 hour later. They said they wouldn't switch until 10am, perhaps that means they won't come back up until then. Or, same problem as yesterday when they tried switching...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:02:55 AM by MikeBear » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »

Yep, saw TV5 was out this morning (i watch the 9AM news daily) so i had to re-scan.

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 10:34:21 AM »

Yep, saw TV5 was out this morning (i watch the 9AM news daily) so i had to re-scan.

WBSF is still dark at 11:30am

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »

WBSF just now (12:45pm) came back up on it's original RF46. Guess changing to RF23 was a bust this second time... It's really weak also.

I let Trip know, and am waiting to hear something from either he, or WBSF as to what happened, or when they'll try again since today was their deadline on their move. Unless they file for an extension, which seems likely.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:14:48 PM by MikeBear » Logged

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 08:58:00 PM »

WBSF successfully changed to RF23 at around 3:45pm. Nice and strong!

WAQP (the final station move) hasn't changed as of yet, and it's almost 10pm on the final day.

Tivo has already corrected the guide data lineup for WEYI on their new RF18.

I'm still waiting for them to correct WNEM & WBSF guide data, but because of the weekend, it's probably not going to happen until at least Monday.

EDIT: WBSF just Facebook Pm'ed me that their move is complete, no more tweaking. They are now running on a tower at the WEYI complex in Clio, (much closer to you, Casey!) That allowed them to jack up their signal level. It's nice and FAT now compared to before.

Still nothing on the WAQP move. They are still on RF48 as of 10:30pm.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:50:34 AM by MikeBear » Logged

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2019, 11:53:01 AM »

WAQP-49 went DARK last night 6/21 sometime just before 12 midnight. They are still dark, as of 6:00pm over 18 hours later. Not sure what's going on with them, but I heard their new RF36 antenna was defective, so they lowered power and are waiting for it to be repaired. If so, I guess I'm slightly beyond their Northern digital cliff. I can pick up just a hint (6%) of signal on RF36.

Tivo fixed the guide data for both WNEM-5 and WEYI-25 already. Still waiting for them to fix WBSF-46 guide data, but that seems not likely until after the weekend.

Not sure if anybody else can now pick it up? The tower is over by Chesaning.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:41:52 PM by MikeBear » Logged

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2019, 07:52:11 PM »

My Tivo Lineup Change for WBSF has now changed to "Resolution Sent", so that likely means we'll have guide data by noon~ tomorrow, if not sooner.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2019, 08:37:26 PM »

Scanned this afternoon and still no WAQP-49.

TCT HD, TCT SD, LIGHT TV, missing.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: