LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Nov 28 2021 12:27:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.37 Firmware 080921 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51517.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife said NO MORE Antenna's on the roof, so i climbed a tree!  (Read 1120 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #15 on: Dec 02 2019 08:03:37 »

Thank you DAVE5, i appreciate your advice. I still have some work to do around here, grounding my stuff, but now i have a better handle on what i need to do.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #16 on: Dec 02 2019 08:29:03 »

Hyper, I'm not sure what all Code requires: But I would attach to a good ground rod at the base of the tree as well. (Unless there is some reason NOT to) 

BTW: You can get copper wire for grounding much cheaper at a salvage yard.  wink

* This advice coming from the guy who hasn't common bonded either 10ft dish yet.  rolleyes

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: Sep 26 2021 05:26:24 »

Thought i would give a quick update since its been almost 2 years now since i put this up. It is still working great, i have had no problems really.  I thought maybe birds or squirrels would be an issue, but nope. High winds do not seem to affect the pine tree much and have not been much of a problem as far as the tree swaying. I have had some signal loss during real bad storms, but no worse than the identical antenna i have on the roof of my garage, so i believe this is just storm cloud/rain issues and is to be expected for these size antenna's with no amplification. I expect as the tree slowly grows, the signal will get higher as the antenna gets higher. :) So this project has been a success. Now i am wondering what else i can "hide" up in this tree.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
DRCars
Know's FTA

« Reply #18 on: Sep 27 2021 10:13:44 »

Thought i would give a quick update since its been almost 2 years now since i put this up. It is still working great, i have had no problems really.  I thought maybe birds or squirrels would be an issue, but nope. High winds do not seem to affect the pine tree much and have not been much of a problem as far as the tree swaying. I have had some signal loss during real bad storms, but no worse than the identical antenna i have on the roof of my garage, so i believe this is just storm cloud/rain issues and is to be expected for these size antenna's with no amplification. I expect as the tree slowly grows, the signal will get higher as the antenna gets higher. :) So this project has been a success. Now i am wondering what else i can "hide" up in this tree.
Don't think that's the way trees grow. Ever see a barbed-wire fence way up in the air when attached to a tree? Nope. As the tree grows it adds layer's to the outside under the bark making it thicker (tree rings). Only the very tip top of the tree grows upwards.

Not that it really matters that much in the current context.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #19 on: Sep 28 2021 09:51:48 »

Now why do you gotta get all technical and bum me out, lol, just kidding.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: