LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 03 2022 12:23:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble with locating high south sat for ku band  (Read 1972 times)
jockeyj

« on: Sep 18 2020 07:58:28 »

hello new guy to Ku Band Question : need to know my high south sat., First like to thank Hypermegasat.com for the sat system that i order from them, have 90 cm geosat pro dish ,universal ku band single lnbf with stand, also bought a stab h-h 90 motor.,  linkbox receiver 9000i local., nice system i think anyway.,this is my location, lat, 40.1191*, long., -78.9454, this is what i got from dishpointer. com,true north is 180.*(true south) elev:43.6, motor lat:40.1*, decl-angle=6.3, dish elev. 39.*so i have the system set up to those  number"s, but having trouble finding the high south that i need to start on arc tracking,downloaded two sat chart"s, satelliteav.com and the sat for true azimuth 0n 180.*is 79.00*W(AMC 2/5),the other from hypermegasat.com show"s 78.00*W(simon bolivar),now i found Nimiq 4,dc channel,transponder-11760/h/3978-pid-1500/1501/1500, i know this channel is on SES2Ku at 87.00W,that is part of my problem,with not knowing my high sat for my area.,I don"t think i need to change dish elev.,as i am hitting other sat"s in the arc,when i move whole system E to W a little at a time, or maybe I do ,as I said new to this sat band,Just trying to get my mind to focus on something, since I lost my wife of 30 Year"s  last june of 2019,it is a struggle at time, but keep trying to move forward,so i"m hoping this"ll get me going in the right direction, thank"s for any reply., jockeyj, ps., i have system on pole in ground(height of mount on pole is 5.ft)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: Sep 19 2020 01:51:07 »

Hello & Welcome!
My condolences for the loss of your wife.

The highest satellite or the center satellite will equal your Longitude, which is roughly 78 degrees. Your motorized satellite dish will be the highest at 78 degrees, and gradually drift down in height when moved in either direction ( East Or West) of the 78 degrees west orbit location.

The satellite declination is built into your motor. Your motor elevation setting should equal the degrees North for your location, which is 40. The actual satellite dish elevation should be adjusted per the instructions in the motor manual.

A good way to get in the ballpark of the satellite arc will be to set and aim the dish directly South as if a satellite were available at 78 west. Go into Antenna setup of the receiver's menu, select USALS, and correctly enter your coordinates for USALS. Then use the receiver to call the 87w satellite, and verify that the dish motor moved around 9 degrees. How much the motor actually moves is determined by the USALS calculations, but total degrees of movement should be close to 9 for the 87w satellite at your location.

After the dish has moved to 87w, you can adjust the dish East or West for signal by moving the entire motor, and make needed elevation adjustments by adjusting the dish up or down. (There is no need to adjust or change the motor from 40 at this point.)

After 87w is peaked, you may add more satellite locations in the receiver by selecting a new satellite in the receiver's menu. USALS should be selected for the added satellites so the dish will automatically move when a satellite is chosen for viewing. If the newly added satellite(s) does not work, try to determine what adjustments it takes to make it work, then return to 87w and make the needed adjustments. If you make adjustments at the new satellite location, then you may lose signal at 87w. It is a good idea to make any physical adjustments from one orbit location that is close to center or due South.
jockeyj

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19 2020 08:26:51 »

Thank you , elbandido for your response to my question, took me most of the afternoon to lock on 87.w, I printed out  help post and refer to it often, as I have short term memory loss from a work injury a few year's  ago so again thank you,and i"m slowly getting close for 78.w just fine tuning a little at a time as per your suggestion., will post progress as i go along.,I"m running a little late on cutting firewood for winter season and need to get some coal hauled in too.,so I"ll work on sat project as i can and let the post know how i"m doing with it, take care jockeyj
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20 2020 07:06:13 »

Thanks jockeyj for ordering your gear from HyperMegaSat.com, we appreciate your business.

And my condolences for the loss of your wife.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: