LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 03 2022 01:00:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site Rules - All Members Please Read!  >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAQP-49 Flint, Saginaw, Bay City new sub-channels, Laff, Court Mysteries, Grit  (Read 5545 times)
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #30 on: Nov 15 2021 11:24:33 »

...Remember back in the day Walter Cronkite, Tom Brokaw, etc.. where they just read the news, told us what happened with no opinion?

Those were the days.
Yes I do! And if you wanted opinion and commentary, you could listen to guys like Eric Sevareid who opined masterfully. My main complaint is that current news channels should be promoted as opinion channels since that's what they are. All watchers should gather their news from a wide range of sources/channels both inside and outside your own country or you simply won't get the complete story. After watching various sources then.....THINK. Don't just believe what you hear.

Satellite station disassembled. Next home location will have AMC21 @ 125W as my due south. Edision OS Mio+ receiver for Internet access only. Hauppauge 950Q USB receiver, Clearstream2 antenna, CM-7777 preamp.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« Reply #31 on: Nov 15 2021 05:23:22 »

For at least the last couple of days, i have had a problem with 3 of WXON-LD channels from MILLINGTON, MI, have no video, just audio

09-1   29.1        Retro TV                    
09-4   29.4        Rev'n          
09-5   29.5        The Family Channel          

All others work OK.

???

Spoke with the Station Manager for WXON and he told me the following:

We've been using a service company temporarily for a master control. They've made some changes on their end and four of our channels (9.1 Retro - 9.4 Revn' - 9.5 Family & 9.7 Heartland) have been affected with these changes. They're coming in here as a black screen, but I didn't realize the audio was there. I will contact the service company Monday to find out what they can do about the video.

We are in the process of installing our own master control, but it will be at least two weeks before it's up and running.

We have three channels working correctly 9.2 ACE - 9.3 JTV & 9.6 QVC

So they are aware of the problem, and should have it fixed soon.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #32 on: Nov 15 2021 05:49:50 »

For at least the last couple of days, i have had a problem with 3 of WXON-LD channels from MILLINGTON, MI, have no video, just audio

09-1   29.1        Retro TV                    
09-4   29.4        Rev'n          
09-5   29.5        The Family Channel          

All others work OK.

???

Spoke with the Station Manager for WXON and he told me the following:

We've been using a service company temporarily for a master control. They've made some changes on their end and four of our channels (9.1 Retro - 9.4 Revn' - 9.5 Family & 9.7 Heartland) have been affected with these changes. They're coming in here as a black screen, but I didn't realize the audio was there. I will contact the service company Monday to find out what they can do about the video.

We are in the process of installing our own master control, but it will be at least two weeks before it's up and running.

We have three channels working correctly 9.2 ACE - 9.3 JTV & 9.6 QVC

So they are aware of the problem, and should have it fixed soon.

Good deal.

Though, it's just MORE PROOF that these LD stations NEVER monitor their own broadcasts. If WE the watchers don't email the engineers and let them know when there's issues, they'd likely rarely get fixed in a timely manner. I'd had to do it many, many times. They always are grateful, and always fix them quickly once notified though.

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #33 on: Nov 20 2021 07:54:43 »

Brand New Scan tonight 11/20/21.

All are working now Video/Audio except one:

09-1   29.1        WXON Retro TV          
09-2   29.2        ACE TV              <<< black screen
09-3   29.3        Jewelry TV
09-4   29.4        REV'N          
09-5   29.5        Heartland                        
09-6   29.6        QVC  

And one channel has left:

The Family Channel

also should note, no epg data shows up for these channels.

Cool
« Last Edit: Nov 20 2021 08:04:10 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #34 on: Feb 19 2022 02:59:28 »

So, I've heard that WBSF-46 was chosen to be the ATSC 3.0 lighthouse for our DMA! March 15, 10am. Which is fantastic, because since they moved to the WEYI tower just North-East of Clio, their signal BOOMS!

I don't as of yet have anyway to tune in ATSC 3.0, hasn't been any hurry since there wasn't any here. Only available are some pricey tv sets, and the HD Homerun 4k units. Though, Tablo just announced a ATSC 3.0 dvr coming up soon:
Code:
https://us-store.tablotv.com/products/tablo-atsc-3-0-quad-hdmi-over-the-air-ota-dvr

That seems like a better option for the 'average' tv viewer. As compared to the work needed with an Hd Homerun, server of some sort, and then manual setup for like a Plex or Channels DVR solution. Personally, I'd opt for the Channels dvr, instead of Plex, IF I was going that way.

If I just wanted to plug stuff in, scan and watch or record right away, I'd go for the Tablo.
« Last Edit: Feb 19 2022 03:17:31 by MikeBear » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #35 on: Feb 22 2022 08:14:05 »

So, I've heard that WBSF-46 was chosen to be the ATSC 3.0 lighthouse for our DMA! March 15, 10am. Which is fantastic, because since they moved to the WEYI tower just North-East of Clio, their signal BOOMS!

I don't as of yet have anyway to tune in ATSC 3.0, hasn't been any hurry since there wasn't any here. Only available are some pricey tv sets, and the HD Homerun 4k units. Though, Tablo just announced a ATSC 3.0 dvr coming up soon:
Code:
https://us-store.tablotv.com/products/tablo-atsc-3-0-quad-hdmi-over-the-air-ota-dvr

That seems like a better option for the 'average' tv viewer. As compared to the work needed with an Hd Homerun, server of some sort, and then manual setup for like a Plex or Channels DVR solution. Personally, I'd opt for the Channels dvr, instead of Plex, IF I was going that way.

If I just wanted to plug stuff in, scan and watch or record right away, I'd go for the Tablo.

Interesting MikeBear! I don't think i have anything that can tune ATSC 3.0 either. I need to starts doing some reading/research. March 15th is right around the corner.

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #36 on: Feb 22 2022 08:26:56 »

Code:

Interesting MikeBear! I don't think i have anything that can tune ATSC 3.0 either. I need to starts doing some reading/research. March 15th is right around the corner.

I don't think there's any hurry to get a tuner for ATSC 3.0 just yet.

Per poster KyL416 at avsforum: WBSF made their NextGen filing with the FCC today, they will convert to ATSC 3.0 on March 15th and as of now they will also carry NextGen simulcasts of WEYI (NBC), WSMH (FOX) and WNEM (CBS)

And for WBSF's ATSC 1.0 simulcasts:
46.1 CW HD will be on WEYI's RF 18 signal (WEYI's signal already has this on 25.2, but now it will be mapped to 46.1 and be considered part of WBSF's license regulatory wise). 46.3 Charge! will be on WSMH's RF 16 signal.

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #37 on: Feb 22 2022 09:32:58 »

Atlanta has had ATSC 3.0 running for a while. But I am not in  any hurry to buy a tuner that half works or pay a high price for a television that I do not need right now.  Years 2023-2025 is when ATSC 3.0 will mature or die. We will see...
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #38 on: Mar 14 2022 04:57:43 »

WBSF made their NextGen filing with the FCC today, they will convert to ATSC 3.0 on March 15th and as of now they will also carry NextGen simulcasts of WEYI (NBC), WSMH (FOX) and WNEM (CBS)

46.1 CW HD will be on WEYI's RF 18 signal (WEYI's signal already has this on 25.2, but now it will be mapped to 46.1 and be considered part of WBSF's license regulatory wise). 46.3 Charge! will be on WSMH's RF 16 signal.

This is all supposed to happen at 10AM tomorrow per commercials i have been seeing on my OTA.

Right now (3/14/22 6 PM EST) i just scanned and see 2 copies of 46.3 Charge! So changes seem to be in the works.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #39 on: Mar 14 2022 04:59:54 »

49.5 Court TV Mystery has been re-branded ION Mystery.

This happened back on Feb 24th i see after a search.

I didnt notice until today.

smiley

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #40 on: Mar 14 2022 05:27:06 »

WBSF made their NextGen filing with the FCC today, they will convert to ATSC 3.0 on March 15th and as of now they will also carry NextGen simulcasts of WEYI (NBC), WSMH (FOX) and WNEM (CBS)

This is all supposed to happen at 10AM tomorrow per commercials i have been seeing on my OTA.

Right now (3/14/22 6 PM EST) i just scanned and see 2 copies of 46.3 Charge! So changes seem to be in the works.

The original 46.3 Charge! is dead right now, and it's now scanning in on RF23.3, which is WBSF's actual RF frequency. It's supposed to move over to WSMH rf16, though it'll be virtual mapped at it's original 46.3. It must be parked while they are switching things around.

I picked up an Hd Homerun 4k Flex tuner, and have now setup a Raspberry Pi 4b in the last week as a Channels DVR server. So, I'm all set for BOTH ATSC 1.0 and 3.0. Channels is amazing! It even works with .m3u files, and I have a couple hundred setup right now. Many of them with EPG.

Code:
https://getchannels.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 14 2022 05:33:12 by MikeBear » Logged

Comptech

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15 2022 08:59:13 »

My area is scheduled for this summer, can't wait and thank you Mike for turning me to the 4k flex, love it so far.
MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #42 on: Mar 15 2022 09:23:15 »

It all happened today, right at 10am. Start reading at the thread below:

Code:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/flint-mi-hdtv.250654/post-61516369

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: