LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 10, 2021, 11:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X Review  (Read 1992 times)
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 11:02:58 AM »

It is good to have the logging of Powervu channels in a free scan fixed. Blindscans for c band are cleaner, with no apparent duplicates when a free scan is selected.
RS232 logging of channels that are found in a c band scan has been disabled in this new firmware. I can no longer see what is found in a scan in the rs232 log.

Universal lnb still has duplicate channel issues in  blindscan, but the duplicate channel check eliminates them. This area could be improved greatly, but it is what it is, and will probably not be changed or adjusted.

Any two transponders spaced around 4 MHz apart, are on the same polarity and have a similar symbol rate may have issues. I do not expect this to be fixed.

The Amiko Mini 4K is unable to scan or lock transponders below 2000 symbol rate. I do not expect any changes here. The advertised symbol rate is 2-45. It looks like the receiver is capable of symbol rates between 2-60.

Fixing the universal lnb scan, transponder spacing problem, or  locking symbol rates below 2000 may require editing of the tuner driver. This is why I am skeptical of these items being fixed or changed.

Something easy thing to fix should be the channel editor issue of crashing, and receiver recovery or editing of channel files in rs232.  To date, Amiko has shown no interest here, except to say "send the receiver back."  I doubt they would say this if they were responsible for the receiver shipping cost in both directions.

It is worth mentioning that the Amiko Mini 4K seems to be capable of playing the radio channels that are on 105 west and 91 west. Most fta receivers will log some of these channels, but a lot of fta receivers will not play these channels. The Amiko Mini 4K is unable to log all of the radio entries that are on 105w c band in a single scan. My last scan on a receiver that will log all of the radio entries on 105w returned around 2700 channels or entries.

The Amiko Mini 4K also separates the Stingray music channels on 55w c band correctly.  Some receivers will show these radio channels in the tv channel listing, but the Amiko Mini 4K puts these radio channels in the correct place.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:09:32 AM by elbandido » Logged
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 06:05:02 PM »

It is worth mentioning that the Amiko Mini 4K seems to be capable of playing the radio channels that are on 105 west and 91 west. Most fta receivers will log some of these channels, but a lot of fta receivers will not play these channels. The Amiko Mini 4K is unable to log all of the radio entries that are on 105w c band in a single scan. My last scan on a receiver that will log all of the radio entries on 105w returned around 2700 channels or entries.

The Amiko Mini 4K also separates the Stingray music channels on 55w c band correctly.  Some receivers will show these radio channels in the tv channel listing, but the Amiko Mini 4K puts these radio channels in the correct place.

Thank you for this info elbandido, i have not gotten around to testing any of that yet, good to know.    smiley

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: