LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 10, 2021, 10:42:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X V1.0.23 Firmware 042821 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51408.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO Quality no matter what I do.  (Read 1051 times)
dinnie

« on: April 02, 2021, 03:41:55 PM »

HI: I am new to the forum,, I have a HDVR003500 with the whole massage. I have setup my dish on top of my house and beside my house, I have turn my dish , every which way, turn the LNB both clock wise and counter clock wise but no quality. All of this with 75% signal. Took my dish off the top of the house and put it down close to the house, and again pointer my dish everwhich way still with no signal, Again with 70% signal, and still no quality. AT one point when I was connected on top of the house I got 5% quality and never got higher than that. What % of signal do I need to get good quality above 50%.Where on this site do I find the  rar. file for the HDVR3500 receiver. Any one can give any help on getting quality on my receiver. Turning the skew has not done anything in helping me get more quality, even when I have 70% signal.   
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »

Give more details please:
Your general location
Fixed Sat, or motoring to multiple Sats.
C band or Ku?
Dish size?
lnb type?
Which signal meter, or using meter on receiver?

We'll need the above info and maybe more to get you going. There's folks in this forum who can do most anything.

And Welcome To The Group!

051bye  bananadance  welcomeani

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 06:30:34 PM »

70% signal Only Means the lnb is connected to the receiver and appears to be healthy.
The Q or Quality signal reading comes from the satellite in the sky. The Q signal is what you need to be concerned with for now. If the 70% signal goes away, then the lnb has become disconnected from the receiver.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 05:59:10 AM »

More details please dinnie. 

3 things right off the bat -

1. You mention moving your dish from roof to side of house, etc.. How are you mounting the dish? If you do not have it on a solid mount pole that is perfectly plumb (straight) you will never get anywhere. The preferred method would be mounting on a pole cemented into the ground. Makes it easier to surface than from on the roof. Just need a clear view of the southern sky.

2. You should pick one particular satellite to aim for. Moving it around from sat to sat trying to find signal makes everything more difficult for a first time set-up. Pick a sat like Galaxy 19 Ku and do all the correct things necessary to find it.

3. One you pick the sat there is only one place to aim, and there is only one skew setting for the LNB. You dont want to just turn it back and forth, set it at the correct value for the sat you are aiming at. Use dishpointer.com website for that value.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
dinnie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 11:00:59 AM »

Thanks to all those reply. I have the GEOSATPRO HDVR 3500 receiver. I did have my disk mounter on top of the house, now I have removed it and mounted it on the side of a tree, that gives me a better clear view to the sky direction I need to point to. I use Dishpointer.com to locate where to point my dish. I have learned I have a KU dish with this system, and I can only connect to KU satellites. I would love to get EchoStar 10--110W. I have printed out the location from dishpointer.com, I am POINTING IN THE RIGHT direction, but all I get is 70% signal. I get this same signal % even when I select another satellite on the receiver. I notice you need to select the correct transponder to get any quality. I am in Jackson, MS, zip 39209. The most I got on quality was 5%. Question>>Do this dish only connect to Galaxy 19?? Do I need to update my receiver to get updated satellites and transponders? I use also the satellite finder Ws6933, which has little instruction on how to use.     
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »

but all I get is 70% signal. I get this same signal % even when I select another satellite on the receiver   
Per reply #2 in this thread, 70% signal means the lnb appears to be in good working condition. Point the dish at the ground and see what the % in signal is.

EchoStar 10--110W is an encrypted satellite On a given day, there will be little if anything to watch on this satellite unless you have a subscription service. Your receiver is Free To Air or fta. It should not decode the channels on 110w.

Mounting the dish on a tree may result in the dish leaning, which will throw the dishpointer settings off. The dish needs to be installed on a pole that is plumb or straight. The pole should not be leaning...

The Ws6933 is an "economy" version of the real thing. It may be best to look for a signal using the receiver, then figure out the correct usage of the Ws6933 after you have found a receivable signal.

Some good, clear pictures of the dish and lnb might help. At this point we have no idea what you have for a dish or lnb. This can be a fun hobby, bur it can also be frustrating. Providing good pictures or at least proper information about the dish and lnb might help.
dinnie

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »

Thanks for the information. Since I got the system I have learned two things. 1. This system only connect to KU satellites.  2. It will not connect to encrypted satellites. Is there a list somewhere that list which satellites are encrypted? This way I will not be trying to connect to another encrypted satellite. I would prefer a satellite in the 105.w >>> 107W.Do my receiver the Geosatpro HDVR 3500 needs to be updated, from the update that comes in the box. My LNB is KU band must be set at 10750. Will an update give me more satellites and transponders to choose from??/
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 05:50:26 PM »

What size is the dish you are using????
105w Does not have much on the ku band except feeds.
I do not know of anything on 107w Ku.
103w ku has Cozi on a strong transponder. I suggest you try it.
Cozi Transponder = DVB-S2 8PSK 11760 H 3000 5/6 FEC

Check and see if the transponder for Cozi is in your receiver or satellite finder for 103w ku..
dinnie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 10:43:01 AM »

The dish size I have>>Geodatpro 90CM dish.
IF the 70% signal only states the LNB is good, does that mean I am only pointing in the direction of the satellite?? DO I need a need point aim to get Quality???Turning the skew does mothing with getting me any quality, even when it set to 05.or 10 left of right. I am also updating my HDVR3500 system, with the updated file hdvr3500_022221.rar. After going to the steps, after Data download from USB storage, Ok I am getting /MNT >>   ..  sdb-back  sdb Internal   Delete  ok.  It does not see mu USB. I will try another USB.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »

updated file hdvr3500_022221.rar  <<< this .rar extension means the  file is compressed. You need winrar to uncompress the file to use it.

sdb-back  sdb Internal  <<< this is asking you to select which USB port you have your USB stick in, Front, Back, or Internal.

Yes the Signal is only measuring that the LNB is present, has nothing to do with the Quality  << this (quality) is the measure of how you point the dish.

And the LNB skew, you can not just adjust that back and forth. It MUST be set to the correct value BASED ON WHAT SAT you are aiming at, and where you are in the country.

If you are going to aim for 103w ku  Cozi Transponder = DVB-S2 8PSK 11760 H 3000 5/6 FEC, go to dishpointer, select that sat and your location and get the skew number from there.

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 05:55:04 PM »

Aiming a satellite dish is not the same as aiming a television antenna where you point or aim in the general direction of the signal and all is well. Aiming a satellite dish takes precision.
Most likely,
The dish elevation will need to be within 1/8 of an inch or less of the correct satellite elevation, or you may not get a signal.
The East, West position of the dish will need to be within 1/8 inch of the correct satellite location, or you may not get a signal.
The lnb skew will need to be within 10 degrees of the correct skew setting, or you may not get a signal.

If the pole that the dish is mounted on is not plumb, or if the pole is slightly leaning, then the dishpointer information for elevation will not be correct, and the job of aiming the dish becomes more complicated.
dinnie

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 12:37:59 PM »

Thanks all for information you all provided so far. I will remount my dish, get more level using the small round level that came with the dish. I was attempting to update my geodatpro hdvr3500 receiver. Yes I have download the rar. file to usb drive. Used rar zip to unzip the compressed file, to a bin. file. In my first attempt the receiver will not notice the USB in the back of the receiver. So I did another USB drive with the .bin file, again the receiver will not notice the USB. In my effort to do this task, somehow I removed/deleted the SDB-back off the list. How can I put it back? Do I do a factory reset listed on the setting list????
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »

You may try a factory reset and see what happens. Most likely, you are trying to do too many new things at one time. Maybe focus on getting the receiver updated the way you want or use it "as is"? Do whatever you are going to do with the receiver first, Then focus on aiming the dish?
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: