LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
April 21, 2021, 10:03:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got a 7.5ft. BUD and have questions  (Read 399 times)
cadillacs

« on: April 05, 2021, 02:58:01 PM »

Need help selecting a c band lnb. Would like to get a good one. What kind of paint should I use to paint the dish and brackets? It doesn't have much rust at all, it came of the pole very easy. How do I determine the distance the lnb is from the dish? What cable should I use? It's about 75ft from lnb to the receiver. I hope to just use a threaded rod to go between 97W and 101W. I have a Manhattan 1997 receiver. I'm sure I will more questions later. Thank for your help Doc

Best of all...it's a Cadillac
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 07:56:57 PM »

For paint on a mesh dish, use spray paint in a can. You will find that it takes quite a few cans to cover the entire dish. Posting pictures of your dish as it is now will help. If you have experience using the fta receiver on ku band, then setting up c band should not be too hard.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »

Hi Doc,

Cool to learn you got a 7.5 Ft BUD! If its your first BUD you are gonna love it.

Can not help with paint, i dont have experience with that.

But for other questions:

Here is how to calculate focal distance:

https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=16.0

For a C Band LNBF i recommend the Titanium C1 PLL.

You can see it here at our sponsor store HyperMegaSat.com:

https://hypermegasat.com/all-products/ols/products/titanium-satellite-c1-pll-phase-lock-loop-c-band-lnbf

For Coax cable anything you just need good RG6 Coax.

We also have that here:

https://hypermegasat.com/all-products/ols/products/commercial-electric-rg-6-coaxial-cable-100-ft

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
cadillacs

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »

Thank you for the response. Got the dish up at my location. Got the cable last week and ordered the LNBF yesterday....  and got measurements of dish. I'm doing this project at our property in the forest, we spend most of our time at the coast. Don't think I could get a permit to in install a BUD here in Ormond Beach. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I will have more questions later. Doc

Best of all...it's a Cadillac
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

CHECK OUT THE NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM WEBSITE

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:10:48 PM »

You are welcome Doc. Sounds like you are making good progress, almost there! You are going to LOVE it, once you get her going. Please keep us updated on your progress, and we would love to see some pics of the completed project.

thumbs_up

BTW, you never know about the permit. You can always try to pull a permit for your property in Ormond Beach. I had to get one when i set up a BUD here in Michigan in 2011. I went to the township because i just knew my neighbor would call it in, so i wanted to be legal. (im in a subdivision). The township looked at me like what the heck you talking about? No one has asked for a permit for a C Band dish since 1994. They had to get out the old rules from the archives and charged me $50 for the permit. I had to let them inspect the hole i dug for it before cementing it in, and then inspect again after dish was done. It was stressful, but it was worth it to know i am legal. I have the permit hanging in my FTA room.   smiley
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:12:50 PM by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: