LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
May 10, 2021, 10:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Updated Sat List 022221  >>> http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=50147.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sun outage?  (Read 343 times)
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« on: April 23, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »

Are sun outages still going on? Looking at an outages calculator, they should have ended in March.

103W broke up bad here about 9:46 am. Multiple Freqs. (C Band, 10ft dish) Both video and audio.But Signal level remained strong on 2 different receivers.

Also been seeing a few around 4 pm the last couple of weeks on various Sats. Brief, usually under 5 minutes. Beginning to suspect some type of interference.

I hope it isn't 5G testing.  Angry

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 07:02:05 PM »

Carefully Check connectors and fittings for moisture. Check and make sure all antenna hardware is in good working condition, including switches and lnbs. Check for small animals hibernating or building nests in the lnb feedhorn.

As for 5G, it has not started yet. The 3700 MHz c band has not been cleared. It is very doubtful your reception issues are related to the 5G services transmitting in c band because that has not started yet (testing or other). It is also doubtful that 5G will be operating in the 3700 to 4000 MHz range in your area due to the nature of the coverage of this part of the radio spectrum.

The c band 5G TV interference reminds me of a ham radio operator that installed a large hf antenna on a tower. He did not install any feeds or coaxes for several weeks. But that did not stop people from coming to his house and complaining about interference that was coming from his new antenna system.

Similar is happening with 5G c band. Hobbyists wonder or even complain about interference from this service that has not started transmitting in the 3700 - 4000 MHZ portion of c band. When 5G does start transmitting in the 3700 - 4000 MHz of c band, a person living in the country probably has little if anything to worry about.  However, a person that is in downtown Atlanta or in a similar congested place with a rooftop c band dish sitting under a cell tower may have 5G interference issues and may need some filters. The 3700 - 4000 MHz does not penetrate or cover like the lower bands, which means they will have limited use, mainly in highly congested areas.  We will see...
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 09:52:07 PM »

Carefully Check connectors and fittings for moisture. Check and make sure all antenna hardware is in good working condition, including switches and lnbs. Check for small animals hibernating or building nests in the lnb feedhorn.

Unless I got some Timex wearing critters or punctual moisture around here... I can't buy it being a connection issue since it only occurs a few minutes between 9-10 am and 3:30-4:30 pm.  grin

Maybe not 5G but something that isn't random.

But thanks for the tips.

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 10:20:32 PM »

What channels give the problem? Would be interesting to see if the same happens here.
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 12:14:19 AM »

Whew Elbandido... you ask me to remember something? lol.
This morning I was on 101W Movies.
But previously:  103W - 4040H Grit. Possibly Grit on 97W .... but I don't think it every broke up there. I likes me Westerns.

The wife switches between 3969H Willax and 3960H Panamerica on 116W a lot in the afternoon. Sometimes the Azteca mux on 105W.

But it isn't limited to one transponder or channel at a time. We have switched between channels when it happened. I believe it was yesterday or the day before when it wiped out all of 116W.

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: