LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 14 2022 10:14:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K HD265 V1.5.63 Firmware 062322 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51812.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supply Chain Issues - FTA Gear  (Read 1557 times)
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

https://HyperMegaSat.com

« on: Nov 08 2021 09:37:32 »

There has been a lot of talk about Supply Chain Issues, and we have all seen empty shelves and rising prices.

FTA Equipment is not immune to this, far from it.

My opinion is that if you need/want a 90cm Ku Band Dish, or a H-H Ku Band Dish Motor, you should order now, while you can.

« Last Edit: Nov 08 2021 10:28:52 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #1 on: Nov 22 2021 06:57:30 »

To expand on this, here is some additional info on FTA equipment supply from my perspective as owner of HyperMegaSat.com

H-H Dish Motors for Ku Band  < these are in VERY short supply, at least in the USA. We have less than 24 in stock at HyperMegaSat.com. No current plans to get anymore in stock anytime soon.
Satellite Dish for Ku band  < these i think WILL BE in VERY short supply very soon, if not now.

These are the things you need not worry about running out of supply anytime soon, we have PLENTY of this stuff in stock at HyperMegaSat.com

Ku Band Dish LNBFs
DiSEqC Switchs
22K Switchs
8x1 Switchs
3x4 Switchs
Ground Blocks
RG6 Connectors
Connector Compression Tools
LNB Brackets
some Remote Controls (Amiko, Linkbox)

Things kind of "iffy", that i am concerned about. We have good stock, but not sure if we can restock at a reasonable price:

C Band Servo Motors
C Band LNBFs
8" Flat Coax Cables

Things we have in stock, that for sure will not be restocked due to supply/cost/availability/whatever

Remote Control for Manhattan RC-1978 (3 pcs)
Pansat/Linkbox U-50 UHF Remote Control Kit (4 pcs)
Holland Electronics Diplexer Model STVC (10 pcs)

« Last Edit: Nov 22 2021 07:37:21 by Hyper » Logged

My son Evan, taken from his family and friends on March 26, 2010 at the age of 15. We love you and miss you Evan. We will see you again soon in heaven. I miss you son. You were the best son a dad could have. I am so proud of you. Save a place for me.
mopat

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24 2021 05:48:56 »

Think maybe I should use this post as an excuse to buy a replacement C-band LNB.

Hyper seemed to have one of one left. Pansat PF-9600W.

Any other options or is that a stupid question with the supply chain issues?

Is it buy what you can now?

WS9036 dish, Spitfire Lnb, Powermax SG9120 rotor, .
10' solid dish with C1-PLL, TBS6982 card running SmartDVB
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15 2021 10:04:20 »

We do still have the Pansat PF-9600W LNBF in stock at HyperMegaSat.com.

2 pcs as of this post.

There are other options.

Titanium Satellite has just released 2 new models. The C138 and the C238.

Go here to check these out:

Code:
https://www.titaniumsatellite.com/products

Brian at Titanium Satellite is a trusted dealer, a member of this forum, and a friend.

I can 100% recommend his products, and customer support.

thumbs_up
« Last Edit: Dec 15 2021 10:08:11 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15 2021 10:20:15 »

I am going to reiterate - if you need/want a 90cm Ku Band Dish, or a H-H Ku Band Dish Motor, you should order now, while you can.

If you do not believe me, just search for the 2 things on eBay.

The most popular 36" Ku Band Dish is from Geosatpro. I know their shipment is delayed, and stock is VERY low right now. I am hopeful they will have these back in stock soon, but i will almost guarantee the price will go up. You all have read about the rising shipping costs for overseas containers etc..

As far as a H-H Ku Band DiSEqC/USALS Dish Motors, HyperMegaSat.com may be the only dealer who has these in stock in the USA as far as i know. These are going quick, and i have no source of supply once these are gone. We have less than 24 pcs as of this post.

I think i can say for certain that from what i see industry wise, we are going to experience a real shortage of things like these products. And when/if these products come to market again, the price may be a whole lot more than we have been used to.

Sorry to bear the bad news ...

« Last Edit: Dec 15 2021 10:37:05 by Hyper » Logged

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22 2022 06:34:43 »

Update 01/22/22

We at HyperMegaSat.com have been working hard to make sure we have a good supply of FTA gear for 2022, and at a good price.    grin

For instance:

Just brought in new shipments of the following items:

Amiko 4K UHD FTA Receiver
Amiko HD265 FTA Receiver
C Band Servo Motor
Pansat PF9600W C Band LNBF
Pansat PF9650S C Band LNBF
Amiko L-107 Ku Band LNBF
4 Pc Coax Colored Terminator Ends

Next week we will have the following items in stock  (many of these are hard/impossible to find)

ASKA PT1 In-Line Coax Surge Suppressor
PV1666 Universal Coax Connectors
Belden Purple Universal Coax Connectors
Avenger KSC322 STANDARD Ku LNBF
Geosatpro SL2 PLL Dual STANDARD LNBF
Pansat 8x1 DiSEqC Switch

And just to re-iterate, we have a good supply of almost everything we sell at HyperMegasat.com.
And i have long established relationships with suppliers of most of these items, and know where to find just about everything we need.

My 2 concerns are still 36" FTA Dish's and H-H Dish Motors.
I have found no new sources of these at a reasonable price, and i fear we will soon be all out of these 2 items in North America.

poundfist
« Last Edit: Jan 22 2022 09:49:04 by Hyper » Logged

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23 2022 12:03:18 »

Looks like there are plenty of motors and satellite dishes available on Alibaba. Any quantity from 1 piece up to thousands of pieces. I understand things are rough for fta sellers in North America, but there is plenty of fta gear available if you know where to look. The only thing I see a shortage of is diseqc 1.2 positioners. Pretty much anything else, you can get.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23 2022 07:45:17 »

Looks like there are plenty of motors and satellite dishes available on Alibaba. Any quantity from 1 piece up to thousands of pieces. I understand things are rough for fta sellers in North America, but there is plenty of fta gear available if you know where to look. The only thing I see a shortage of is diseqc 1.2 positioners. Pretty much anything else, you can get.

That is true, they are available on Alibaba from China. But so many things going on right now with inflation, increased ship costs, tarrifs, supply chain issues etc.. It is way too expensive, and way too scary as far as will i ever get my overseas shipment, how long will it be stuck in customs, and how many fines will i pay, etc.. And even though most of these companies on Alibaba will list "1 piece up to thousands of pieces", my experience is when you contact them, the real minimum is hundreds or thousands of pcs minimum order required. And that is when the financial commitment gets really large. Especially for satellite dish's. For a FTA Dealer like myself, i just can not make that kind of commitment the way things are right now. Way too much risk.

Now as a consumer just looking for 1 item, i would consider busing a H-H Motor on Alibaba from China, but only if i had no other choice from a USA Seller. When it comes to a Ku Band Dish, there is no way i would ever buy from overseas. I could not imagine it would arrive safely, and i can not imagine the cost would affordable to anyone unless your last name is bezos or musk or buffet.

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #8 on: Jan 29 2022 09:09:57 »

Update 01/28/22

Happy to report there will NOT be a shortage of 90cm and 120Cm Ku Band Offset Dishes any time soon. There was a shortage just this last week,  but I spoke with my contacts at Geosatpro and the new shipment has finally actually arrived! As you can understand with the way things are today, and have been going lately, the price is going up on both items. But still this is great news. Without Geosatpro we would have nowhere else to buy a new 36" or 1.2M FTA Dish in the USA.

grin

elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: Jan 30 2022 10:07:10 »

There are plenty of fta product available.
The only fta things I see that are a bit hard to get are actuator positioners and ku motors. I would expect both of these items to be easily available again at some point in the future.
Comptech

« Reply #10 on: Jan 30 2022 07:10:05 »

I have 3 or 4 servo motors if any are needed. I run ortho feeds both c and Ku, so they are useless to me. Casey do you want them? Considerate a contribution to the forum.
Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: Jan 30 2022 09:04:59 »

I have 3 or 4 servo motors if any are needed. I run ortho feeds both c and Ku, so they are useless to me. Casey do you want them? Considerate a contribution to the forum.

I have plenty of Servo Motors comptech, but thanks for asking. Perhaps other forums members can use them?

Hyper
ADMIN
Administrator
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: Jun 02 2022 08:11:07 »

SP-120 DiSEqC H-H USALS Dish Motor for 90cm to 1.2m Dish

FYI - We have ONLY 6 pcs left in stock.

I have not been able to find a new supply of Ku Band Dish Motors, so this may be it for awhile.

Go here to order while you can .......

https://hypermegasat.com/all-products/ols/products/sp-120-dish-rotor-usals-diseqc-h-h-motor-for-90cm-to-12m-ku-band-dish

LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: