LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Jul 03 2022 01:21:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Amiko Mini 4K HD265 V1.5.63 Firmware 062322 >>> https://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=51812.0

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know what this is for?  (Read 767 times)
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #15 on: Apr 18 2022 02:43:12 »

I'll be trying the INVACOM lnb soon. That LNB can pick up anything!! I had to hack a scalar ring to get it to fit (like the old days) but I know that it is a better lnb. I picked up 5 sats between 113w and 123w ....everything but 116.8w so my dish is in the right area now.

It is SNOWING TODAY...so maybe tomorrow.
Dan

teachmedrums.com
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #16 on: Apr 18 2022 03:38:52 »

I noticed fox news in that list. What satellite are you receiving it on?
That was a check to see if you were listening. I was referring to the Sunday morning Fox shows such as Chris Wallace on 99W Ku. I see that he has now moved to CNN this year. I don't think I've seen any Fox shows on 99W Ku lately other than the news feeds.

Satellite station disassembled. Next home location will have AMC21 @ 125W as my due south. Edision OS Mio+ receiver for Internet access only. Hauppauge 950Q USB receiver, Clearstream2 antenna, CM-7777 preamp.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18 2022 09:20:53 »

I'll be trying the INVACOM lnb soon. That LNB can pick up anything!! I had to hack a scalar ring to get it to fit (like the old days) but I know that it is a better lnb. I picked up 5 sats between 113w and 123w ....everything but 116.8w so my dish is in the right area now.

It is SNOWING TODAY...so maybe tomorrow.
Dan

The Invacom will have the same signal loss issue if it is designed for an offset dish. Anyway, maybe it will do better than what you have.
Ectron1

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19 2022 04:20:59 »

I noticed fox news in that list. What satellite are you receiving it on?
That was a check to see if you were listening. I was referring to the Sunday morning Fox shows such as Chris Wallace on 99W Ku. I see that he has now moved to CNN this year. I don't think I've seen any Fox shows on 99W Ku lately other than the news feeds.

I see the cbs and fox feeds on lynsat but have never found anything watchable except for Infowars and JBS, I guess I've never looked at the right time.

39" Dish, SG-2100 Motor, Standard lnb, Invacom QPH-03, Edision OS MIO+ 4K, Amiko mini 4K, GTCombo 4K
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20 2022 05:38:18 »

I see the cbs and fox feeds on lynsat but have never found anything watchable except for Infowars and JBS, I guess I've never looked at the right time.
There are two Foxedge feeds on 24/7 on 11852 H 6900. But lately, they have been difficult to receive even with a 1.2m dish during parts of the day. Try blind scans of 99W Ku on weekdays in the late afternoon. You may find other feeds then. That's when reporters seem to file stories for the evening news.

Satellite station disassembled. Next home location will have AMC21 @ 125W as my due south. Edision OS Mio+ receiver for Internet access only. Hauppauge 950Q USB receiver, Clearstream2 antenna, CM-7777 preamp.
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #20 on: Apr 20 2022 08:54:54 »

The Invacom will have the same signal loss issue if it is designed for an offset dish. Anyway, maybe it will do better than what you have.

The Invacom is AMAZING. I always had trouble with the NBC channels at 103 w because of the unusual skew. I put on the Invacom.............. NO PROBLEM.

Infowars was tricky on 99w, even with my 4 foot dish. Every tiny breeze would drop out the signal. I re-aligned the dish several times.

After my tower fell over, I grabbed the Invacom and put it on my 4' dish WITHOUT ANY ADJUSTMENT. I only guestimated the skew.
INFOWARS HAS BEEN SOLID SINCE without any re-pointing. The Invacom seems to pick up a wider signal.

The INVACOM is AMAZING !

Dan
« Last Edit: Apr 20 2022 08:56:42 by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
Ectron1

« Reply #21 on: Apr 20 2022 10:08:08 »

There are two Foxedge feeds on 24/7 on 11852 H 6900. But lately, they have been difficult to receive even with a 1.2m dish during parts of the day. Try blind scans of 99W Ku on weekdays in the late afternoon. You may find other feeds then. That's when reporters seem to file stories for the evening news.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

39" Dish, SG-2100 Motor, Standard lnb, Invacom QPH-03, Edision OS MIO+ 4K, Amiko mini 4K, GTCombo 4K
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: