LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 14 2022 09:55:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know what this is for?  (Read 933 times)
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« on: Apr 15 2022 11:07:49 »

anyone know what this is for?
« Last Edit: Apr 15 2022 11:12:50 by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
Comptech

« Reply #1 on: Apr 15 2022 01:55:06 »

Looks like a broken ferrite core Is it made of metal or heavy?
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15 2022 03:18:45 »

Could it be a broken round-toit?
I keep saying I'll work on the honey-do list when I get a round-toit.  grin

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15 2022 06:47:48 »

I PRINTED it with my 3d printer. It adapts from 40 mm tp 65 mm.

Dan

teachmedrums.com
patcomm

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15 2022 11:05:26 »

looks like a speaker magnet that goes around the core on the outside ,or a microwave oven magnet

patcomm
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16 2022 07:10:11 »

INSTALLED AND WORKING
MADE TO FIT AVENGER KSC321S-2 UNIVERSAL KU LNB

Why did I do this? I realized that there were more channels on Ku band that I was interested in and I didn't want to destroy my C Band dish in case it becomes popular again.

Dan
« Last Edit: Apr 16 2022 07:16:18 by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
armadillo_115
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16 2022 08:11:09 »

Why not leave the c band lnb in the center and piggyback the ku lnb beside it? Then you have both.

There are WAY more channels that interest the wife and I on C band. But that's just our personal likes.

When you don't care for feeds, religious channels, and channels w/o English or Spanish... what is left on ku? Oh, and we have NC public tv OTA here.

Guess if everybody liked chocolate ice cream.... they wouldn't make vanila.

Glad it works for you.

If a frog had wings,he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly.
I wouldn't shoot a rat that was trying to get out of the city!
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16 2022 11:19:53 »

Check out 116.8 w . A bunch of new channels there. I tried your piggy back idea years ago. I could never get a strong enough ku signal that way. I may be further north than you with only a 6' dish.

Dan
« Last Edit: Apr 16 2022 11:23:12 by techristian » Logged

teachmedrums.com
cyberham

You CAN receive C-band on a 1.2m dish!

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17 2022 05:05:28 »

When you don't care for feeds, religious channels, and channels w/o English or Spanish... what is left on ku?
PBS, Veterans News Network, CNN, BYU (more than religious shows), AWE (cool car shows), Cozi, NBC, NHK Japan, CGTN, Voice of Germany, Reach TV, Loop TV, Jewish Broadcasting, Fox News, Positv, Press TV, Kazakh TV, Antenna TV, Patient TV, LPB PBS, hundreds of radio channels.

Satellite station disassembled. Next home location will have AMC21 @ 125W as my due south. Edision OS Mio+ receiver for Internet access only. Hauppauge 950Q USB receiver, Clearstream2 antenna, CM-7777 preamp.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17 2022 08:04:39 »

Check out 116.8 w . A bunch of new channels there. I tried your piggy back idea years ago. I could never get a strong enough ku signal that way. I may be further north than you with only a 6' dish.

Dan

You are currently using an offset type lnb on a prime focus dish. This will cause signal loss. Changing to a lnb designed for a prime focus dish should improve your signal.
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17 2022 12:20:31 »

I wanted to try my Invacam yesterday, but it wouldn't fit through the scalar ring. My adapter fit fine though. Yesterday I picked up everything EXCEPT 116.8 . I got 119w KU, Daystar at 123w ku and another wild feed which didn't help because I couldn't find it on Lyngsat, so I didn't know whether I was East or West of the target. I'm parked there now. 12225 h 3000 or 11799 v4100 or 11837 v 1000

It seems to me, that one of my old pre-HD KU boxes WOULD TELL ME which satellite I was pointed at. I can't use that one for scanning because 116.8w is mostly h265.

Dan

teachmedrums.com
techristian
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17 2022 12:23:39 »

You are currently using an offset type lnb on a prime focus dish. This will cause signal loss. Changing to a lnb designed for a prime focus dish should improve your signal.

I can also point the LNB on an ANGLE if that works better.

Dan

teachmedrums.com
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17 2022 12:40:02 »

A consumer fta receiver does not know and never has known what satellite your dish is aimed at. What they did to make you think the receiver knew the satellite was to check for signals on transponders in the satellite file. So satellite identification was dependent on a current satellite file that was well maintained. Even with a good satellite file with current transponders, there would be errors as some satellites used the exact same transponders.

For the lnb, you may tilt it or do whatever to make the signal look better to the receiver. The scalar rings for your lnb are designed for  an offset dish which will have a fd of .5-.6 for most dishes. Most prime focus dishes are nowhere near that in fd, which means you have a mis-match of parts which is probably causing at least a 20 percent drop in signal. The only way to fix is to get the proper lnb for prime focus dishes.
Comptech

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17 2022 02:43:31 »

If that 6 foot dish is solid and not a put together panel type dish I would dedicate it to Ku. ^ foot C-band dish is going to leave you in the dark on 75% of the channels that are DVB S-2. I use 2 dedicated dishes, number 1 is a new out of box 10 foot Unimesh Perforated with a Cband ortho feed and 2 Norsat 5150's and the Ku is a 1.2 meter Andrews with the original dual feed with the BUC removed also with a pair of Norsats. To be honest with you the Ku dish gets very little use.
Ectron1

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18 2022 08:02:04 »

When you don't care for feeds, religious channels, and channels w/o English or Spanish... what is left on ku?
PBS, Veterans News Network, CNN, BYU (more than religious shows), AWE (cool car shows), Cozi, NBC, NHK Japan, CGTN, Voice of Germany, Reach TV, Loop TV, Jewish Broadcasting, Fox News, Positv, Press TV, Kazakh TV, Antenna TV, Patient TV, LPB PBS, hundreds of radio channels.

I noticed fox news in that list. What satellite are you receiving it on?

39" Dish, SG-2100 Motor, Standard lnb, Invacom QPH-03, Edision OS MIO+ 4K, Amiko mini 4K, GTCombo 4K
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: