LEGALFREETOAIR.COM
Aug 07 2022 11:41:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the NEW HYPERMEGASAT.COM website  >>> https://hypermegasat.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Me TV  (Read 931 times)
Comptech

« Reply #30 on: Jul 07 2022 04:24:53 »

At least you survived Covid!

I've also got EBS Pro and a PC card, but what are you going to do or analyze with it?
The transponder for METV is DVB-S with a FEC of 5/6.
Identical or similar fta receivers are either getting or not getting the METV channel. It would be very hard to have a transponder or stream issue when the same group of receivers can either get or not get the channel.

Probably the only thing EBS Pro might tell you if the signal for the METV transponder has dropped below threshold for reception on your dish system, providing the EBS Pro signal in db closely matches the fta receiver.  And you might be able to actually watch the METV channel with a satellite card. Most cards are single tuner, which gives a slight advantage over multiple tuner systems on a marginal signal.
Best aligning tool I have found, you can see SNR and Dm to fine tune.

clucas

« Reply #31 on: Jul 07 2022 08:05:42 »

Taking into consideration what Bass Player did, I slid my lnb down toward the dish about an inch and was able to get MeTV and Story back.  I should have tried moving the entire scalar and lnb assembly closer but corrosion has my buttonhook permanently locked in one place.  A few years ago I tried to take it apart by soaking it, pounding it, trying to turn it and heating with a torch but it still won't move.

Carl
Edision OS mio 4k, Geosatpro Micro HD
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #32 on: Jul 08 2022 12:33:21 »

Rust likes us!!! I have some frozen parts that will probably need to be replaced one day.

Did you check dish alignment before pushing the lnb in? Seems Mr. Bass Player had a similar problem and got by with making a few adjustments. The signal should drop when you Push or Pull at the top, bottom, and both sides of the dish.
FTAGardener
LFTA Legend

« Reply #33 on: Jul 08 2022 11:27:42 »

Sounds like a driver problem.
OpenATV 6.4 image with what receiver?

Open ATV 6.4 on a Dreambox DM900. I have several different versions on a USB stick and all of them have the 30 second delay on the Weigel channels. There are some driver issues with some video feeds on the older builds but this doesn't seem to be the issue. This receiver has had some issues with the Weigel channels on 101W. They are fairly close together in frequency and a blind scan doesn't get all of them. I have to manually enter transponders to get the West versions of Heroes and StartTV and if the wind shakes my dish, I can lose a channel and have one of the other Weigel channels when it comes back. The delay in the video coming in is annoying but not critical. Most of the issues I've had with older builds seems to be the need for Python 3 in a lot of the recent upgrades with the older builds running Python 2. The newer builds of Open ATV 6.4 have a much better blind scan as well. It's finally got the standard Enigma2 blindscan plugin. Before, it had a custom Dreambox blindscan that had c-band frequencies listed incorrectly and very few user adjustable parameters.

Enough dishes to call it a garden, not enough to call it a farm.

10' steel mesh BUD, 1.2m Ku dish on a SG2100 horizon to horizon motor and 4 Ku dish conversions: A 36" Starband with a 5 lnbs, a 33" Slimline, a 28" Wildblue and a 28" Dish Turbo HD.
clucas

« Reply #34 on: Jul 08 2022 12:05:53 »

Rust likes us!!! I have some frozen parts that will probably need to be replaced one day.

Did you check dish alignment before pushing the lnb in? Seems Mr. Bass Player had a similar problem and got by with making a few adjustments. The signal should drop when you Push or Pull at the top, bottom, and both sides of the dish.

Yes I did, E.B.  Up, down, east and west and all caused lower numbers.  I did break or knock off my polarotor wire since I can only get one polarity so back out to the dish once again.  I set up the dish by the numbers years ago and it worked fine but I guess there's no substitute for the old "trial and error" method.

Carl
Edision OS mio 4k, Geosatpro Micro HD
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #35 on: Jul 08 2022 07:06:19 »

The mixing of channels such as StartTV, Heroes....etc. on 101w while using a Dreambox DM900 could probably be solved by driver updates from Broadcom or SiLabs. Other fta receivers have had the exact same or similar channel problems that were either solved or greatly improved with driver updates. Dreambox is closed source, so the only way to ask for assistance will be to contact Dream directly or bring it their attention using the DreamBox forum.
FTAGardener
LFTA Legend

« Reply #36 on: Jul 11 2022 01:27:17 »

The Weigel channels are back to normal today for me. No more delay between audio and video coming on. This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I thought they were being scrambled.

I haven't looked at the drivers for the broadcom chips but that does sound like a good explanation for the blindscan deficiency. I've had this receiver since 2017 and I have had few issues with it. It basically just works and the firmware is updated regularly. I think about getting an enigma2 receiver with better blindscan every now and then but I'm getting a lot more channels from the Internet these days than from my satellite dishes so it isn't a very high priority right now.

Enough dishes to call it a garden, not enough to call it a farm.

10' steel mesh BUD, 1.2m Ku dish on a SG2100 horizon to horizon motor and 4 Ku dish conversions: A 36" Starband with a 5 lnbs, a 33" Slimline, a 28" Wildblue and a 28" Dish Turbo HD.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #37 on: Jul 11 2022 04:12:55 »

IMO, You are better off to keep the DM900 as there is nothing on the market that would be a suitable replacement. Broadcom is not currently providing any fta chips.
elbandido
Visiting Mod
LFTA Legend

« Reply #38 on: Aug 04 2022 07:57:11 »

The METV transponder signal is up a little bit. Those that lost this channel earlier may find it is back now.

MikeBear
Know's FTA
LFTA Legend

« Reply #39 on: Aug 04 2022 09:52:18 »

The METV transponder signal is up a little bit. Those that lost this channel earlier may find it is back now.

Yep, it's back up and running for me on my 8 footer SAMI dish. Just in time also, as our local Wjrt-12 got hit by lightning last night, which took out all their Weigel sub channels.

Me-tv is my most watched channel...

My nic on SatelliteGuys is Primestar31
LEGALFREETOAIR.COM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: